Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I've been looking through this forum a lot, and I am scratching my head.

I have a 2003 600RR. I've recently changed the oil and flushed the coolant.

The speed sensor is busted in it (doesn't report speed or odometer), and have a new one on the way.

However the weird thing is, every now-and-then the FI and MIL will come on. Not every time I go for a ride, but randomly. I turn the bike off, put it in neutral and turn it on - starts as normal. No FI or MIL light is on, no flashing FI/MIL light either. So I figured shorting the diagnostic connector would yield no results at all, or would it?

Bike runs smoothly, and I was thinking the MIL/FI would be due to the speed sensor - however shouldn't those come on instantly due to not having the speed sensor working, instead of randomly (could be 10min into a ride, could be an hour or more. Sometimes not at all).

Service manual say "If the ECM has no self diagnosis memory data, the MIL will illuminate, when you turn ignition switch ON" which it does, and goes out when I start the bike. (Which to me means, there is no reason to reset the diagnostic connector).

However, there is no FI light. No flashes from the FI light at all either.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Put it in neutral whilst running and put stand down, error 11. So it is the speed sensor (which I knew). Is strange it only came on 20minutes after I rode.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Installed speed sensor today, all is well again. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts