Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just recently installed arrow headers, and there is an o2-like bung thingy there in place of where the other thing used to be (im not sure what it is, i think its kind of like the choke for the FI... so i get the headers installed and everything is normal, and then it starts flashing (FI light) and so im like dang. it idles a tad high and my bike is an 08 600rr that has 2300 miles on it,
thanks!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and try not to flame me lol, i didnt cold rev it or take off on it, i just let it idle and figured something obviously wasnt right, and this is my first exhaust...

the thing where the bung is, looks like it has to do with the fuel pump... and i just disconnected it from the exhaust before i took the stock one off, is there something im suppose to do with that? my mods are...intake gut and headers.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Did you put the O2 sensor back in?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well anyone else? my bike doesnt have an o2 sensor i guess... 08 and im not in cali.. uh the little thing in the exhaust that the fuel pump controls is whats causeing it, im sure of it, just dont know how to fix it

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The little thing in the exhaust... Fuel pump controls it?

Uhh, are you talking about the exhaust servo? i wouldn't call that a bung thingy... went up near the seat right?

otherwise take a friggin picture!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
That's the exhause valve and there's a write up ( I believe ) in the "How to" section that will answer how to get the FI light to stop. Other than the blink, there's nothing wrong with your bike.

I'm not sure on this for the '08 ( newest bike I have is '07) but '07 and down... Only Cali models have an O2 sensor.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Uhh, are you talking about the exhaust servo? i wouldn't call that a bung thingy... went up near the seat right?

Yea lol that's it, sorry I've been busy. Can some one link the DIY on it? Because I want to ride lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

i wasnt calling the servo a bung thingy, on the arrow headers there is a plug where the servo used to be so i called that the bung thingy :toothy4:

·
Registered
376 Posts
i wasnt calling the servo a bung thingy, on the arrow headers there is a plug where the servo used to be so i called that the bung thingy :toothy4:
but yes, youll want to put an O2 sensor in that bung thingy. Can't let it go to waste! Arrow headers + Bazzaz AFM ftw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts