Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend is having problems on his 07 FI light is on, i search but coulnt find anything, need help how to read the code, is trhowing 2 fast blinks pause the 1 slow blinks the 2 fast one again ...thanks in advance

K

·
0 Posts
you don't have a honda service book? 2 flashes that last 0.5 seconds, then a pause then a 1.3 Second flash followed by two 0.5 second flashes right?

It's thorwing a #2 and a #12 code. #2 is a MAP Sensor performance problem and a #12 is a No.1 Primary Injector Circuit Malfunction.

unless he's missing the first 1.3 second flash, at which point forget about the #2 code.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
has he had the airbox off
the map sensor is bolted to the bottom of it an it can be a pain to hook back up correctly.
the hose is too short really. i ended up unbolting it and just zip tieing the sensor to the wiring harness.

·
Registered
152 Posts
is the bike still under warranty? how bout taking it to the dealer? do bikes come with an OBD plug?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
is the bike still under warranty? how bout taking it to the dealer? do bikes come with an OBD plug?
there is a diagnostics plug. its the red one that is capped off under the seat. it just shows the code that the dash is blinking though.

just count the blinks look up the number.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the replies guys, yeah we took the air box off to install a new filter, ill check all this stuff out, and yes the bike has a warranty i just figure it was something small that we can fix ...

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
The map sensor is the reason behind the FI light

K

·
0 Posts
thaaaaaaaaat's my guess as well...

odd though he's getting a #12 too...

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
like i said the MAP is a PITA. just unbolt it from the bottom of the airbox. it makes it easier to plug the hose and wire back into. since it doesnt have to be bolted there just zip tie it to something stable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts