Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I yesterday I tackled the PAIR valve block off mod and at the same time I installed my PCIII. It was my first time lifting the fuel tank up, so I must have lifted it too high and unplugged some of the hose connections, because now I am getting an FI light warning.

Here's a picture of my bike all opened up. On the owners manual I can see two hoses coming up from the bike and into the bottom of the fuel tank (not including the fuel line and the electronic connector), but it is unclear which of these two hoses they are.

I have some pictures below of what I think should be plugged into what (red matches red, blue matches blue) but I'm not sure. Can somebody help me out?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so I guess I was right, that was where the two hoses are supposed to plug into. So I went ahead and did that, but I'm still getting an FI light.

It shows up when I fire up the bike (no blinks) and then after a moment the FI light disappears and doesn't come back...anybody know what this could be?

I did the PAIR removal, and after doing that it leaves an extra wire connector left unconnected to anything (because it used to be plugged into the PAIR system), so could that be why the FI light shows up? It wouldn't be a problem if thats it.

I will post a video of my gauge cluster tomorrow showing what happens when I start up the bike...hopefully that will clear things up.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Figured it out, thanks for the all the help walking me through this Metalgearmurder. It turns out I was right, it was the unconnected wire that went into the (now removed) PAIR system that was causing the FI light. So now that I know it isn't an issue, I can just ignore the FI light for now, because after I plugged it into the PAIR system it went away. I'm wondering if it's okay to just jump together the wires on the end of the connector to get rid of the signal?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Figured it out, thanks for the all the help walking me through this Metalgearmurder. It turns out I was right, it was the unconnected wire that went into the (now removed) PAIR system that was causing the FI light. So now that I know it isn't an issue, I can just ignore the FI light for now, because after I plugged it into the PAIR system it went away. I'm wondering if it's okay to just jump together the wires on the end of the connector to get rid of the signal?
you have something else disconnected ....

the pair valve will not cause a FI light.... i have done the job my self

and if the top picture is after the pair delete ....

your pair valves are still in place..... or atleast, the hoses are all still there and connected ....

·
Registered
8,768 Posts

top of valve cover, with pair valve blockoff plates installed ... the center post is the most visable one in your top image...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts