Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This problem started last night after alot of starting and stopping the bike just from riding to different spots. I'll turn the key, prime it, ignition. Everything is fine but the FI light blinks 7 times then turns off for 3 seconds then repeats the pattern again. Once I put it in gear and take off the FI light is on the entire time. I'm completely lost as to what it could be, the bike runs 100% normal too. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read the sticky and by the amount it blinks it's the ECT sensor? I don't have a manual available, what is the ECT sensor and where is it on the bike? What should I look for?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced the ECT sensor and washer and the FI light went from the blinking 7 times then a 3 second pause to being on all the time now. And whenever I crank the bike up cold the idle will jump up about 1k and back down about 5 times too???

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Hey man, there is a link somewhere on the 600rr.net forums, I think under how to's? Anyways, search for "2007 honda service manual". I found a link to download the pdf file and it worked perfect. They'll have the info you need to track down the problem and go from there.

Do you have a PC installed or did you install anything lately? Maybe you forgot to plug something back in or its loose?

I just had a similar problem with my 07 after installin the PC3, turns out i had jsut forgot to plug in my TPS sensor to the correct plug. GL!

PS- If you cant find the pdf link on here for the file, send me a PM with your email account and Ill hook you up with a zip file.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fixed!!! Ended up being the EGCV, I safety wired the flap open, removed the cables and left the EGCV plugged in, smooth idle and no MIL light!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts