Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This mourning i rode into work and when i went to park the bike the FI light popped on. I cut the bike off then back on again and the light did not illuminate. Later on in the day i was riding home from work just as i got within a mile of my exit off the expressway, my FI illuminated again and the bike felt like it lost power. On a side note, when i turn the bike on in accessory mode there is a whining noise coming from under the tail section. Any advice as to my issue/s would be greatly appreciated. The bike is a 07 600 RR, no power commander, stock injectors, KR tuned exhaust and stock plugs.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Whining noise under the tail? Sure it wasn't coming from under the bike? Could be your exhaust valve...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i put my ear under the tail and there is a cutout for some type of box that would go either under the seat, i will snap a quick photo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this where the sound was coming from. the kickstand down method does not work either, once the bike is off the then light does not come back on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
That's it... the servo motor in there controls the valve which is under the motor itself...

How loud is the whine?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you can hear a hum that's how i was able to move my ear around the bike to center in on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do not have a manual either, so is that something that is easily serviceable or will this cost a pretty penny to fix?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks man, I thought my bike was out of commission for a while. Is it bad to ride in limp mode with the servo whining, i just need to make it to work and home tonight before i can fix it tomorrow on my off day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts