Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been kickin myself in the head for a month now tryin to get this darn motor to kick and I need more help

when i turn the key, gauges light up, MIL lights and stays lit, starter switch is in on position, but fuel injection does NOT turn on!

-battery is reading 12.89 Volts
-as far as i can tell all wiring is connected correctly
-fuel level sensor is fixed (was causing other problems last week)
-all fuses have been checked and replaced if blown including the 30amp by the battery
-BAS was ripped off the harness from the wreck but I found it connected to the headlight and spliced all the wires back togethor

I've tried to crank the bike while holding the BAS in the correct upright and forward position and still no dice.

What's the dealio guys?

-Kyler

·
Registered
71 Posts
connect the two outside wires on the BAS that will bypass it, when you turn the key on you should hear the feul pump prime

K

·
0 Posts
I've been kickin myself in the head for a month now tryin to get this darn motor to kick and I need more help

when i turn the key, gauges light up, MIL lights and stays lit, starter switch is in on position, but fuel injection does NOT turn on!

-battery is reading 12.89 Volts
-as far as i can tell all wiring is connected correctly
-fuel level sensor is fixed (was causing other problems last week)
-all fuses have been checked and replaced if blown including the 30amp by the battery
-BAS was ripped off the harness from the wreck but I found it connected to the headlight and spliced all the wires back togethor

I've tried to crank the bike while holding the BAS in the correct upright and forward position and still no dice.

What's the dealio guys?

-Kyler
check the bolded wiring, as well as the position of the BAS. Make sure the curved part is to the bottom.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've got an 03

what's the difference in the wiring??

K

·
0 Posts
zero difference.

just hook it up right in the correct orientation.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the wiring diagram. i'l see if can't figure it out.

the hard part is that i can't mount it because i have no upper fairing to stick the headlight and BAS into, so i have to hold it in the correct position when i'm trying to see if the fuel injection will start

D

·
0 Posts
thanks for the wiring diagram. i'l see if can't figure it out.

the hard part is that i can't mount it because i have no upper fairing to stick the headlight and BAS into, so i have to hold it in the correct position when i'm trying to see if the fuel injection will start
Just cut the actual BAS off and solder the wires together. There's no need for a BAS anyway.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just cut the actual BAS off and solder the wires together. There's no need for a BAS anyway.
I beg to differ. If I crash, I want the engine to turn off -> lower risk of getting your toes severed by the chain and rear sprocket.
I have the BAS connected on my track bike.

D

·
0 Posts
I beg to differ. If I crash, I want the engine to turn off -> lower risk of getting your toes severed by the chain and rear sprocket.
I have the BAS connected on my track bike.
That's what toe guards are for.

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
Any luck yet getting the bike running

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any luck yet getting the bike running
ha none so far. I'm at work right now so i can't fool with it. When i get home around 7 I'll play with the wires and see if there's anything i can do.

When i get this bike running and get my fairings i need to paint them with all of yall's names on it for helpin.

K

·
0 Posts
toe guards wont stop a spinning tire laying against your body
nope nope nope! best protection is a stopped wheel and a lower chain guard.

or just not crashing, at which point if you're not crashing, you're not going fast enough.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts