Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Button Willow 4/20/09. Did my first track day ever with the Track Club and I had a great time. I should have done track days alot sooner!! I learned alot and had a blast, had some minor issues with my suspension that made me sat out for 3 sessions. It's a humbling and exhilarating experience, I'm looking forward to doing more track days. On to the pics.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
What's up with the green vests? I thought only controlled riders wore the vests?

Glad you had fun. It only gets more addicting.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It's easy to get addicted to the track. Sounds like you had fun even with the suspension hiccup. Good for you.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
green vests for rookies?

what was up with your suspension?

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
Welcome to the addiction, now go out and sell everything you own to pay for seat time and tires :icon_lol:.

green vests for rookies?
Yeah most orgs I've seen have the newbies wear something bright to signify that they are beginners.

·
19,904 Posts
^ interesting.

·
19,904 Posts
yeah i know races have to wear something in their 1st 2 races, but trackdays, thats new to me. i guess it works, if youre in the same group as them.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
buttonwillow....haven't been there in 2 years at least.

Welcome to the addiction!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
i am 56 did first track day at gratton mich last year 6 in all and headin back friday spend it all live to ride ride

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
green vests for rookies?

what was up with your suspension?
Some of us wore various color vests because we signed up for the Novice Riders class, they split the class into groups and each group wear a certain color vest and an instructor designated to each group. Our group instructor was very helpful and informative. I was so used to riding canyons that the first 2 sessions I couldn't see the track at all.

I had my suspension checked out by Race Tech to make some minor adjustments, turns out a local shop broke my rear shock adjustment collar when they last did my supension. My rear was not adjustable because of the broken collar and almost bottomed out.

·
Registered
282 Posts
track days are like sex, everyone talks about how good it can be but you never know the feeling until you experience first hand.

·
19,904 Posts
track days are like sex, everyone talks about how good it can be but you never know the feeling until you experience first hand.
that be the quote right there.

·
Registered
282 Posts
haha i always heard how much fun they are, finally did one in january and I've averaged a trackday everyone month.... It's sad when you see how broke I am, but the times I'm having and the pics I've gotten make up for it in the end.

Oh side not, I'm moving away from my home track. Upside is I'm moving 19.2 miles to another track :D say Junkie??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts