Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But i'm not 100% sure i want to buy it. It is an '04 with 8,700 miles and the only mod is frame sliders. "There is minor scrapes on both sides' mid fairings, and a tiny scuff on the tail." That's in quotes because that's what the seller told me, i haven't seen it yet - going to look on monday.

He's asking $6,800 but that includes a bunch of other stuff that wouldn't fit me so he said that he'd sell the bike for $6,000 seperately. I really want a 600rr, and this is even the red/black which is my favorite

Would you spend $6,000 on a bike that has scratches??

I'll probably offer $5,500 if the tires are good and the damage isn't too bad, so hopefully he'll take it and i'll be able to actually take it home

·
Registered
284 Posts
6800 seems a little high, but if it's in decent cond. 5500 seems about right if it's what he says it is. Thats just my 2c.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
yea i would definitaly check everything on that bike, and tell him if you don't think its nice enough, like if the chain and sprockets are really dirty tell him that, and point out every scratch.

also the red/black 04 has a matte black tail, its the only year to have this, so don't worry that the tail is matte black.

N

·
0 Posts
$5500 is a good price. No more, no less. The whole Kelly Blue Book is stupid. It all depends what it's worth to you, and how much you're willing to shell out. There are tons of bikes out there so if the price doesn't fit you there will always, ALWAYS be another.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, hopefully he'll go for the $5500 because i really dont think i could justify spending more.... especially because there is an '04 gixxer 600 for sale in town with 1,800 miles (bone stock) for $5,700

but i just want the RR sooo bad

Also as far as the scratches on fairings go - he sent me some pictures, but they're not very hi-res so i can't zoom in too much, but the scuffs look very minor. And... i just put two and two together and remembered that my roommate just got a job in Torrance, CA at the Honda Research center and might be able to get me discounts on OEM fairings.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Yeah, a bit high. I got mine with a little under 3000 miles for $6k flat. Pristine. So, there's a gauge. I live in VA, so I don't know how locality affects pricing.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
3k or 8k...as long as maintenance are done properly, and appropriate parts are replaced in a timely manner, who cares???? I hate it when I hear someone say something like "8000miles?!?!?!?!! damn that's too many miles" like the engine is nearing it's life expectancy. It's not like you're buying an RR with TenKate kit or HRC powerup kit which may increase the wear and tear on the internals. The bike is running Honda OEM stock with Honda reliability. You expect a Honda Civic to last you 100k don't you? I think mileage under 10k(for majority of newer bikes out there) should not have much bearing on gauging engine life. (not to mention the gauge cluster can be reset quite easily from what I hear) The price does seem a bit higher but it's only high to someone who's not willing to pay that amount.

Now, when it comes to scratches....are they dings from everyday riding? or rashes from a drop or a laydown. Must make clear. Dings and minor scratches buff off easily.

·
Registered
442 Posts
$6800 ?
you can do better.

I just bought a like new 05 600RR for $7300
and it came with a PC3 USB and Akrapovic carbon slip on
and fender elinimator. Not a scratch on it and only 1800 miles.

Go for the 2005. 12-15 pounds lighter, radial mount front brakes
larger front rotors etc.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Alex_V holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!! Hes alive!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
See if he'll let you take it somewhere to get it checked out. Make sure theres not more damage than hes telling you since its obviously been dropped. $6000 seems a little high to me too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i got mine (03 cbr) with just under 6k miles for 4 grand flat of a car dealership
it was dropped but only had minor scratches and everything was working fine. It was a steal but i bet you can talk that guy down to 5 grand easily, just wave some cash in front of him, i mean who will refuse 5 grand on the spot?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts