Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup all

Last year I was a new rider and my first bike is a 05 600 rr. I had a wobbling problem when I got up around 100 m.p.h. Well after 11 months with the bike the guy in the shop showed me I got a bent rim. WTF, this guy told me he wouldn't recommend me riding on it but I rode the whole last season on it.

Any one know where I can get a used front rim thats under 400 bucks, thats not bent?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sup all

Last year I was a new rider and my first bike is a 05 600 rr. I had a wobbling problem when I got up around 100 m.p.h. Well after 11 months with the bike the guy in the shop showed me I got a bent rim. WTF, this guy told me he wouldn't recommend me riding on it but I rode the whole last season on it.

Any one know where I can get a used front rim thats under 400 bucks, thats not bent?
eBay.

Also, bent rims is something you wanna look for when buying a bike. A bent rim is usually a sign of a nasty wreck in the past, and also is not something you want to ride on.

I imagine this 100mph you speak of was in a strait line, so you were fine. Go 100 mph in a turn on a bent rim, and you will have some issues.

D

·
0 Posts
I imagine this 100mph you speak of was in a strait line, so you were fine. Go 100 mph in a turn on a bent rim, and you will have some issues.
140mph on two bent rims in a turn is even better. :banger:

No need to replace a bent rim. If it's not too bad, send it to Will's Rim Repair.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eBay.

Also, bent rims is something you wanna look for when buying a bike. A bent rim is usually a sign of a nasty wreck in the past, and also is not something you want to ride on.

yea it was in a str8 line. Hey this was my first bike its a learning experience. I guess a lot of people are buying the hell out of front wheels. can't find nothing on ebay. Does any one know about any other model years I could use as a front rim?

D

·
0 Posts
yea it was in a str8 line. Hey this was my first bike its a learning experience. I guess a lot of people are buying the hell out of front wheels. can't find nothing on ebay. Does any one know about any other model years I could use as a front rim?
You can't find front wheels on eBay because people who go over 100mph on the street with their first bikes wind up trashing the front end.

Rear wheels are overly abundant.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys I had the rim replaced, last month, and all i got to say is oooo ****, now its more fun to ride. Its amazin to go past 100 with out a wobbling problem

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I won't say I never broke the speed limit on a twisty road....

but slow the f down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts