Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm selling my bike tomorrow. Already talked to a dealer that has an '07 graffiti CBR600RR (less than 4k miles, etc.) for a great price. Can't wait to finally get a 'real' sportbike!

Pics of the bike I'm selling tomorrow for reference :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
sounds great man now you ride like a man LOL and thats good jump to 600 and what better than a graffiti post pics of her when you have it ok.......

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, you don't want people on the internet to know your face?
I did not tell my parents I bought a bike :drunk:. Good decisions, amirite.

So I got my graffiti bike today. Unfortunately she's been sitting on the showroom floor for a while (let's hope the salesman wasn't lying) and the battery is toast.

I had to get a jump at the gas station, and the bike died two blocks from my garage. You really get to know your bike when you get to push it more than a quarter mile :shakehand. Just ordered a new battery online.

On a side note, HOLY **** THE 600 IS FAST AS F. That is all.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Graffiti was an 08 scheme, either the bike is newer or the fairings have been replaced. Not a bad price though
Crud. So the bike had been dropped and all the fairings replaced? Oh well. I checked for damage on the handle bars/levers/mirrors/transmission and there was nothing.

Who knows. I got it for a good price, and it runs fine (when the battery is alive) so I'm happy. It is definately a 2007 though, cause the VIN# and everything shows up with it being that year.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Crud. So the bike had been dropped and all the fairings replaced? Oh well. I checked for damage on the handle bars/levers/mirrors/transmission and there was nothing.

Who knows. I got it for a good price, and it runs fine (when the battery is alive) so I'm happy. It is definately a 2007 though, cause the VIN# and everything shows up with it being that year.
That would be my guess, but just give it a good look over. As long as the forks are straight, subframe is good and frame is intact you should be ok.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I don't think so. The dealer mentioned nothing about that, and I'm going to call today to double check.

The only problem with the bike is that the battery was dead upon purchase. Is this something to worry about?
Nope, pretty normal, small battery.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Alright, so I borrowed a charger from a friend with a Buell. Looked around on the internet, decided to put the charger at the lowest setting: 2 amps. Lets see how it goes.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Not to put a damper on your plans, but you're buying a crashed bike (which they didn't bother to mention to you) that doesn't run sometimes. That doesn't sound like such a hot idea to me.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not to put a damper on your plans, but you're buying a crashed bike (which they didn't bother to mention to you) that doesn't run sometimes. That doesn't sound like such a hot idea to me.
The bike was not a salvage title. The bike did not have frame sliders on it, so I suspect a low speed/parking lot tip over. The guy got a full set of graffiti fairings to replace his old ones, sounds good to me. The frame looks good, and the forks aren't screwed up. I drove it ~50 miles home from the dealer, and the thing ran like a beast.

So the bike doesn't start up. Big deal, the battery is three years old and sat in the showroom for a month (or more). I got it for 5,500$ and don't plan on selling it. It'll be a good learning experience :dontknow:

·
Registered
238 Posts
where can i get that battery charger? i need one!! lol i think that might be better than a battery tender...and good luck with the new bike!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
where can i get that battery charger? i need one!! lol i think that might be better than a battery tender...and good luck with the new bike!
Thanks man. Not sure where my buddy got the Black & Decker charger, but I would guess places like Home Depot or Sears? Online also.

The battery tender would actually probably do a better job. The Standard Charge rate for our battery is 0.9Amps for 10 hours, or a quick charge at 4.5Amps for 1 hour in emergencies. As you can see the Black&Decker charger's lowest setting is 2Amps, so not ideal. The tender charges at 1.25Amps and has the same auto shutoff feature that the B&D one does.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts