Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a call today from dealership for repairs on wrecked bike
$4515.63 thx state farm, it will only cost me $50.00{ded} :D

·
Registered
812 Posts
You might be able to get a brand new one since the bike was < one year old and the damage is > 50%. Not sure what the cut-off is.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cutting the check to me, and i know some boyz in the city that will do it right for less than 1/2 that price. All the damage is to the right side only.

·
Registered
812 Posts
cutting the check to me, and i know some boyz in the city that will do it right for less than 1/2 that price.
Don't post stuff like that. Really. :evil:

Here is the State Farm fraud reporting web site in case anyone is interested.

http://www.statefarm.com/claims/fraud.htm

·
Registered
595 Posts
i would just pay the $2k and get it fixed without dealing the the ins company. if they let this wreck slide without raising your rates, they won't let it slide again. the long term raping that an ins company can cause is worse than paying a couple of grand to keep your bike looking new.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Backstreet,

Are you accusing blucbr600 of fraud?

What blucbr600 is doing is not not fraud. He can pocket the money and not do ANY repair, for all State Farm cares. Likewise, doing the repairs for less would just mean "sub-standard work" from State Farm's perspective, and the policy holder is entitled to spend less(or more than the settlement if he/she choses).

An example of would be Fraud would be if you took good parts off your bike, replaced it with broken ones, and then filed a claim.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think that backstreet was joking, or, I hope so anyway. That is not fraud. The same thing happened to me on my bike and the insurance co. told me I would be smarter to get it fixed elsewhere and do other stuff the the bike (the guy who told me this also rides, and said I had a sweet deal going and he would do the same).

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
yeah, insurance companys aren't supposed to give you a new bike or whatever...

they are supposed to give you the value of damages...

You can do whatever you want with the money.

You could just sell the bike and pocket the money, or use that money and add more to it to turn your bike into a monster or something. Whatever you want.

The shops the insurance companies pick often will low ball you. Dealerships will high ball you. So get the estimate done at a shop that will high ball you, and then take the money and get the work done at a shop that'll do it for less...

However....

When the SAME shop writes you a high ball estimate for the insurance company and THEN charges you a lesser fee for the work done, that's inflating the price and the shop can get into deep sh*t for that.

·
Registered
116 Posts
just get the cash and do the fixin yourself. ins. companies will not fault you for that they are only givin you the money it cost for a shop to do the work. that is why most companys require you to get more then 1 quote on a repair. one of the good reasons though to get the work done at a shop is if they find more damage then they can tell the ins. company and get the extra money to fix the stuff they did not see in the quote. as for if you are doing the repairs then you have to pay for the extra damage out of your own pocket.

with that said backstreet needs to get off this guys balls and go ridin. good luck on the repairs man hope you get your money worth. since you have to pay the ins. anyway. LAMO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts