Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been lookin for 6months since i was hit head on by some idiot cager while on my R1. got a 2008 graffiti ed with 870miles on it, exactly what i was lookin for, a couple yrs old with only a few miles. so today when i got it i started thinkin of what to take off it, first the chain guard, then the plastic rear tire guard, then of course the pass pegs, then got the ole hair dryer out, tweezers, and some nail polish remover and took off all those moronic stickers on the swingarm, tank, and even the vin # sticker on the frame. so now what? I'm thinkin definitely gotta do something about those awful lookin front turn signals and gotta do something about the head light configuration with the lo beam on with the other one off, y did honda approve these things, it seems ridiculous, conspiracy for the after market market? maybe some frame plugs and a tinted windscreen. i actually found a wiring DIY to have the turn signals in the headlights so i just plugged the fairings but with the head lights the way they r, maybe i cant do that. sorry this thread should probably b about 20 diff threads, i just wanna clean this bike up, then when i need new tires, repsol the fuk outta it. any mod suggestions welcome, thanks bikers

·
Registered
114 Posts
haha repsol the **** out of it huh?

You might wanna put the rear hugger (fender) back on unless you plan on getting an aftermarket one. It will prevent all sorts of debris from flinging all over the underside of your bike. As for the chain guard not being on there anymore, well unless you run your chain dry (i hope not), every time you lube your chain there is going to be spatter all over you and your bike from the chain lube flinging off. You might want to put that back on too. Just my 2c. Ride safe

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
OMG seriously Dude ???

You could probably get by without a seat cowl and the main seat too.
And heck while your at it might as well take all the fairings off too they're just extra weight
????:crackup::retard:

Dude seriously go look for a helmet you sound like you hit your head pretty hard in that R1 accident...

Ok sorry,, now with that out of my system on a serious note, Congrats on the excellent find.
That's exactly how I got my baby two years old low miles never down & from the original owner who
needed my cash to actually get the title for me from the bank.
BONUS !!!!

To address your question/concern seriously just READ / troll / wander peruse / through the forum,,
read mod lists in the various bike of the month postings.
Peek at the mods sections and see what you like from what others have done.

And for God's sake please take time to notice that people on this forum apparently respect
maturity and good common sense. Or grow a rino liner and be patient about getting any
assistance versus getting flamed for sounding like an 18year old anxious to smash up an
expensive sport bike and become another statistic that were oh so proud to be a part of ....

?? ??? ya think ?? just my 1.5 cents

:+1::ciao: :shakehand

"any mod suggestions welcome,"

How the heck would I know what YOU want on your bike. Hows the exhaust?
people seem to care about that for some reason... do you know what a tuned exhaust is?
Are you interested in a power commander or a Bazzaz suite of power tools..

http://www.bazzaz.net/bz1/intro/[URL] are you interested in track days ... do you have solid gear, are you a stunter, do you have frame sliders do you care about frame sliders or are you one of those showbike freaks that need a stretched out swing arm all chromed up cause you pretend to drag race daily (hahahaha) See my sig HA HA.. From what I see so far I think you need speakers in your dash :crackup: Sorry sorry some the voices in my head are saying that was wrong to say.. the others are laughing at you... loudly :crackup:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Congrats on the nice find! On another note, isn't it illegal to remove the VIN # sticker? For insurance purposes, how the heck are they going to do anything for/with you?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Congrats on the nice find! On another note, isn't it illegal to remove the VIN # sticker? For insurance purposes, how the heck are they going to do anything for/with you?
i dont think its required to keep the sticker, becuase the vin is stamped into the frame. grinding down the stamped vin number is illegal tho, thats for sure

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I wouldn't be touching the VIN# at all. Congrats on the bike, I'm not sure if I would remove the chain guard or the rear hugger because if you remove it expect to have a lot of chain lube fling off on your legs and the bike.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Congrats, look like you got a good find. if you are gonna keep the chain guard off, i suggest getting Bel-air Super Clean Chain Lube. These won't fling off the chain like others do.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Take off those heavy oem cast rims and put on some plastic rims, gonna save you atleast 20+ lbs, oh take out one of the front disc too if you dont think you'll need it, thats another 1.5+ lbs savings, if you dont think you need it, remove it, your bike will accelerate much faster and handle better, btw congrats on such a great find :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I dont have the rear hugger or chain guard on my CBR. Use good quality chain lube let it set before riding it and you'll be fine. I have a gold in color aftermarket chain. I keep it nice looking. I get alot of compliments on the chain (which i would not so much if the cover was on) just my vote.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whats with u guys making such a big deal about the that PLASTIC rear hugger and chain guard, they're useless and the bike looks better w/o them and I've always used a fling free lube, the graffiti was the only one in my area with lo miles, never down. my R1 needed new tires at about 8k miles so I'll prob start the repsol process then, but who knows, there's this cafe racer show on HDnet that really got me lookin at those bikes; like a triumph thruxton, those bikes r sic. O and to cprogrammer, ur an idiot dude, when i got hit head on while on my R1 i landed on my feet, and speakers in my dash, u dont know how to read people, u think I'm someone else or I'm riding a harley. and to the riders thinkin its illegal to remove the vin# sticker, thats moronic, the vin# is stamped on the frame like superwario89 said, go ahead and roll with all those stickers, i think they look stupid tho

·
Registered
131 Posts
Buy gear.
Please.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
been lookin for 6months since i was hit head on by some idiot cager while on my R1. got a 2008 graffiti ed with 870miles on it, exactly what i was lookin for, a couple yrs old with only a few miles. so today when i got it i started thinkin of what to take off it, first the chain guard, then the plastic rear tire guard, then of course the pass pegs, then got the ole hair dryer out, tweezers, and some nail polish remover and took off all those moronic stickers on the swingarm, tank, and even the vin # sticker on the frame. so now what? I'm thinkin definitely gotta do something about those awful lookin front turn signals and gotta do something about the head light configuration with the lo beam on with the other one off, y did honda approve these things, it seems ridiculous, conspiracy for the after market market? maybe some frame plugs and a tinted windscreen. i actually found a wiring DIY to have the turn signals in the headlights so i just plugged the fairings but with the head lights the way they r, maybe i cant do that. sorry this thread should probably b about 20 diff threads, i just wanna clean this bike up, then when i need new tires, repsol the fuk outta it. any mod suggestions welcome, thanks bikers
wow man, be careful, just because Darwinism didnt get you last time doesnt mean it wont next time.

OMG seriously Dude ???

You could probably get by without a seat cowl and the main seat too.
And heck while your at it might as well take all the fairings off too they're just extra weight
????:crackup::retard:

Dude seriously go look for a helmet you sound like you hit your head pretty hard in that R1 accident...

Ok sorry,, now with that out of my system on a serious note, Congrats on the excellent find.
That's exactly how I got my baby two years old low miles never down & from the original owner who
needed my cash to actually get the title for me from the bank.
BONUS !!!!

To address your question/concern seriously just READ / troll / wander peruse / through the forum,,
read mod lists in the various bike of the month postings.
Peek at the mods sections and see what you like from what others have done.

And for God's sake please take time to notice that people on this forum apparently respect
maturity and good common sense. Or grow a rino liner and be patient about getting any
assistance versus getting flamed for sounding like an 18year old anxious to smash up an
expensive sport bike and become another statistic that were oh so proud to be a part of ....

?? ??? ya think ?? just my 1.5 cents

:+1::ciao: :shakehand

"any mod suggestions welcome,"

How the heck would I know what YOU want on your bike. Hows the exhaust?
people seem to care about that for some reason... do you know what a tuned exhaust is?
Are you interested in a power commander or a Bazzaz suite of power tools..

http://www.bazzaz.net/bz1/intro/[URL] are you interested in track days ... do you have solid gear, are you a stunter, do you have frame sliders do you care about frame sliders or are you one of those showbike freaks that need a stretched out swing arm all chromed up cause you pretend to drag race daily (hahahaha) See my sig HA HA.. From what I see so far I think you need speakers in your dash :crackup: Sorry sorry some the voices in my head are saying that was wrong to say.. the others are laughing at you... loudly :crackup:[/quote] CP, you really need to be nicer to the noob squids, they don't like when people make fun of their idiocy. on a serious note though, you just beat me to it. [QUOTE="Drivin2fast99, post: 3007777, member: 40908"]I dont have the rear hugger or chain guard on my CBR. Use good quality chain lube let it set before riding it and you'll be fine. I have a gold in color aftermarket chain. I keep it nice looking. I get alot of compliments on the chain (which i would not so much if the cover was on) just my vote.[/quote] go figure you would say/ do this.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
whats with u guys making such a big deal about the that PLASTIC rear hugger and chain guard, they're useless and the bike looks better w/o them and I've always used a fling free lube, the graffiti was the only one in my area with lo miles, never down. my R1 needed new tires at about 8k miles so I'll prob start the repsol process then, but who knows, there's this cafe racer show on HDnet that really got me lookin at those bikes; like a triumph thruxton, those bikes r sic. O and to cprogrammer, ur an idiot dude, when i got hit head on while on my R1 i landed on my feet, and speakers in my dash, u dont know how to read people, u think I'm someone else or I'm riding a harley. and to the riders thinkin its illegal to remove the vin# sticker, thats moronic, the vin# is stamped on the frame like superwario89 said, go ahead and roll with all those stickers, i think they look stupid tho
Or Your Riding A GIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR ohhhh chock one up for Grida

1 - 20 of 31 Posts