Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 110cc pitbike today & yes I did take pics but still have to get them developed!!
But anyway had a quick question... How do you adjust the chain on these things? It's rubbing against the plate that covers the front sprocket...
Any help would be appreciated.... Will post pics soon!!

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
my chain rubs the front sprocket cover. it's really nothing to worry about, most of them come with chain rollers to prevent that. you can buy aftermarket rollers, but i'm lazy like that.

to adjust the chain, loosen the rear axle, and adjust via chain adjusters. re-tighten rear axle. unless it doesn't have chain adjusters, then just do it like you would a bicycle.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on ceph, thanks for the help!!
At first I was thinking it was the exhaust shield but I noticed that it was rubbing that cover. It was just kind of annoying tonight, sounds like it was rattling pretty bad.
This thing has some power, when I got on it in 1st and then shift to 2nd it gets the wheel up. I was practicing some sitdowns tonight!! Is it Ok to be dragging your feet while learning how to wheelie these (kept looping it tonight)? Also would regular foot pegs for a bicycle work for the staggerd stuff?

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Yeah I want to see this thing, besure to post pix then.

I got my YSR the other day so look for a post soon on that. =]

Jason

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
you got yourself a chinese knockoff of a cub i presume? that thing's gonna fall apart in a matter of months & you'll hard-pressed to find parts for it b'coz it's mingled with parts pirated from various manufacturers so they don't violate copyright laws, it's what we call a chop-chop bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts