Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold my jacket and got some new blingblings $$$

Alpinestar SMX Airflo black

Sidi Vertigo Black

and last..
Alpinestar SP1 gloves black

Oh yea. I'm waiting for my new fairings too.. AHHH so excited!!!

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
step your gloves up man, get some GP Techs man, i got the same jacket and i got supertechs, and GP techs to go with it.

·
19,904 Posts
ridersinc said:
yes... you need to call me.

cheers... nick - mri
yeah i know, i will, when it gets closer to me getting home. Thats if you were talking to me.

·
Registered
461 Posts
grats kev! they look awesome!

im gonna be spending ~1500 in the next week on new gear too .. it'll be exciting... until i look at my bank account! @[email protected]

nick too bad you dont have the a* stella track pants :(

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
snikwad said:
step your gloves up man, get some GP Techs man, i got the same jacket and i got supertechs, and GP techs to go with it.
Wait, whats wrong with the SP1? I have them and they seem fine to me.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fooldog01 said:
I know right!!?? :sad3:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hmm, personally, I woulda gotten the regular stage jacket and gotten a pair of pants too. I just don't think the flo is worth what they're charging.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
playero_loko said:
got everything with a* but sidi boots? sorry im just a alpine* whore, nice gear brah ride safe.
I thought about getting all SMX too but I like the sidi boots better. It's pretty damn light and it's comfortable..

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
good gear glade to see you spent the money to be safe ...

·
Registered
799 Posts
I heard nothing but good things about that jacket-boots-and gloves, congrats,

·
19,904 Posts
Fooldog01 said:
Nothing is wrong with them, but the GP tech has the best prtection, plus PU is tougher and more abrasion resistant than CF, thats why its being used more on the top gloves than CF now.
the GP tech has dual closures, vents, perferation between the fingers, 4th and 5th finger joined to reduce finger role, PU plastic protection for your wrist, kangaroo leather on the palms... should i keep going, of should i ask you to check out the close up pics on www.alpinestars.com
You have the top of the line jacket, why not get the top of the line gloves too, if you shop around they can be at your door for under $190

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mabye later but as for now, these gloves are great. you have to see what kind of **** i had.. its a good upgrade from what I had..

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
snikwad said:
Nothing is wrong with them, but the GP tech has the best prtection, plus PU is tougher and more abrasion resistant than CF, thats why its being used more on the top gloves than CF now.
the GP tech has dual closures, vents, perferation between the fingers, 4th and 5th finger joined to reduce finger role, PU plastic protection for your wrist, kangaroo leather on the palms... should i keep going, of should i ask you to check out the close up pics on www.alpinestars.com
You have the top of the line jacket, why not get the top of the line gloves too, if you shop around they can be at your door for under $190
I know the GP Techs have better protection. As quickly as you were to tell him to "Upgrade" glove, I wondered if there was a manufacturing flaw or something I didnt know about with the SP1. Thats all.

Oh BTW, I have been looking into another pair of gloves (Spidis) but are the GP Techs comfortable. They look awfully bulky. I want to do some racing and I need something that wont make my hand cramp but will protect too.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
nice gear. i think the gloves are great for price. people on here are becoming true gear nazis. gotta have the best of the best or they're not gear nazi approval. j/k.

·
19,904 Posts
Fooldog01 said:
I know the GP Techs have better protection. As quickly as you were to tell him to "Upgrade" glove, I wondered if there was a manufacturing flaw or something I didnt know about with the SP1. Thats all.

Oh BTW, I have been looking into another pair of gloves (Spidis) but are the GP Techs comfortable. They look awfully bulky. I want to do some racing and I need something that wont make my hand cramp but will protect too.
well they took a while, to break in, like a day or two, but once they did, theyre the best gloves ive had, and i had SP2s before.
the stitching being on the outside, makes it so much more comfy. As the dual finger, at the pinky? u dont even notice when you have em on, and ventilation is better than anything ive even worn. I had to tape the vents shut over the winter, im looking into a 2nd pair, thats how much i love em.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts