Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wainting for the snow to melt and the temps to warm up a bit. Yesterday it was almost 60*f here in Cleveland, Ohio. I left work at luch and pout a little over a hindred miles on the bike. I live to ride, it time for me to move south. Any one else inthe north get to ride during the winter. It supposed to snow by friday so no more riding.

·
Registered
149 Posts
yea huh, it must of been a great feeling to ride again. I feel bad for the people that live in the colder areas...in socal its riding season 24/7!!...except when it rains. :icon_lol:

·
Registered
403 Posts
My RR is still in the garage for the winter, it got up to mid 50's today in Massachusetts was so eager to ride I took my buddy's F4i out to get it inspected for him feels good to ride again. Only problem is the back roads have ton of pot holes and water from the snow melting. The highway was clean.

·
Registered
205 Posts
See when it goes from being 35 for awhile to in between 50-60 it is like spring time for them, I guess. I ride when its sunny out and above 50 here in Georgia. You all know that riding is like crack rock for most of us we just got to have that hit.

·
Registered
635 Posts
West of Chicago here. Wife said it was 65 out...and I was in New England on business til last night. Now it's 35 out.
F%&*@$+*%$&*%^#@!^*^(^%$#K!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You don't want to be out in all that nasty salt and sand on the road anyway.. talk about chain life going way downhill

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah I actually gave thought to that, bike being aluminum and all. Salt destroys airplanes too. Also, I know a guy with a 50's T-Bird who never puts it on the road without two good hard rains to wash the winter salt away.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Surprised your roads are good enough to ride on. Here in NY, you can't go 1 block before hitting a pothole. They DOT will take a long time to patch up the roads.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont mind riding the roads in the winter, this year where i am they havent used as much salt as they used previous years. its been a mix of salt and cinders. when i get home i just wash the bike, gives me a reason to pull the bike apart.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
It's been raining all week here in Cali, so I said 'f' the weather, I'm riding the in the rain. I'm tired of waiting, I can do that by sitting in a cage in rush hour every day.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I saw a couple of bikes ripping up the freeway when it warmed up to 34 degrees. The roads were really wet with lots of sand and salt. Brrrrrrrr

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wanted to go riding so bad when we got those two warm days but my bike was in the shop getting new tires put on, oil change, chain adj and 12,000 mile check up. I change the oil and what not myself but figured what the heck ill have them check it out make sure she still purrrrs right. My extended warranty is up in a couple months so why not, right? plus im off to florida here in a couple weeks ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
How sick is this? It was still about 35 last night like I wrote earlier. I had to go deposit my paycheck and make some car payments. could have done this in the car, sure, but instead covered up for this short errand. Put 6 miles on the bike. Also got my first"Hey, nice bike!" of the year from the next lane at the bank drive through. Even fired up the freshly mounted GPS. Off work monday. Hoping for good weather.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i know couple of guys who rode this past sunday in montreal...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts