Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after owning the bike for close to a month and a half, today was the first day I actually "got on it". Prior to today I spent A LOT of time mastering launching and having the take off from a stop down to 1-2 seconds (friction point etc etc). I also searched on here for proper leaning techniques. I found that the "kiss the mirror" technique works well in addition to shifting your ass haha. It all depends on the kind of lean. I also spent LOTS of time downshifting and getting the proper amount of speed before a turn. I spent 30 min everyday just practicing and practicing. So basically up until today I rode slow and spent more time mastering the skills.

But I realized I had what it took to have some real fun. No I didnt race anyone. I just had a few spirited runs (by myself) on some straightaways and some twisties. Since I never really took the rpms higher than 8-9k (contrary to my username LOL) prior to today, I was PLEASANTLY surprised by how much balls my bike has. After 9k you're literally GONE when you twist it. With a twist of the wrist you're already heading into the higher speeds...its scary lol. Now I know why people say 600's come alive in the higher rpms. So true...I guess the best word to describe the bike is "fun"

I know this is old news to some of you but I just wanted to share :icon_lol:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hell yeah!

I dont know how anybody can honestly say a 600 is slow

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they mean in comparison to the larger cc bikes...but the 600rr by itself "as-is" is a fast bike

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks like someone else had fun too...My 62 year old dad. He hasnt been on a bike since his Triumph and BMW days back in the 70s and 80s. He took it around the block and kept saying how light the bike was. Obviously he hated the sitting position. But he said he liked it overall!

·
Registered
266 Posts
for as active as u are here i figured u would have had a spirited drive a while ago..we joined around the same time...i see u post quite a bit though...i had an f4i before my current bike and i took it slow and steady for a few weeks myself...my friend on the other hand got his r6 and was doing 160 the next day...he didnt have a tag till the second day is probably why he waited a day...he never owned a bike before....good to know u took ur time..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Haha watch out, your going to want to open the baby up more and more often! It gets addicting!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe yea its a great forum and I love posting here..lotta people made fun of me for taking it too easy on the bike but Im happy I did. I think my riding got so much better

·
Registered
33 Posts
weird.. i hadnt really gotten on it too much till yesterday either. i wanted to get comfortable with the feel of the bike and how it responds before i really got on it hard. 11-15k feels awesome..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts