Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I picked up my brand new '03 (leftover) in yellow last night. Got to ride for about 20 minutes before it started pouring rain. :twisted:

All, I have to say.... I couldnt sleep at all last night!

It's such a beautiful day, but I'm stuck and work right now... and the damn weatherman says thunderstorms at 5pm, so I guess I wont be able to ride again tonight. :-x I guess I can install my flushmounts, rear signals and fender eliminator.

I'm also going to try adjusting the suspension as its pretty stiff for me right now. I weigh about 142lbs w/o gear. I'm thinking I need to back off the preload so I get a tad more sag. Also maybe go w/ a little less compression damping since I'm pretty light.

I have a Yoshi slip-on but I'm thinking I'll wait to install it until I clock some miles.

...Oh yeah, wheres the trunk??? :roll:

·
Registered
937 Posts
congrats.

Where are you? that forcast sounds just like mine.

C

·
0 Posts
Congrats on the RR! What kind of price tag did it have? Interested to see what they are selling the 03's for.

I feel bad for you Northern Jersey/NY guys, in South Jersey, the weatherman says 8pm 30% chance of rain.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bike $7000
tax $470
dmv $150
setup $350
ext. warranty $570

Total was $8500. I almost didnt get the extended warranty and was looking at $7900, but I sprang for it just in case.

·
Registered
647 Posts
There sure is alot of you New Jersey people on this board. I just keep hearing about rain all the time. Sorry to hear about all that wet stuff. Its nice out here in Cali.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Bull said:
There sure is alot of you New Jersey people on this board. I just keep hearing about rain all the time. Sorry to hear about all that wet stuff. Its nice out here in Cali.
Don't believe everything you hear. WA has the worst reputation for rain in the entire US. But last year we had 8 months of sunshine out of the year.

V

·
0 Posts
Congrats on the bike... God punished you with rain on your first day with itbecause you picked yellow.. ;-)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
VinRR said:
Congrats on the bike... God punished you with rain on your first day with itbecause you picked yellow.. ;-)
Why is it that all the owners of black RR's always have to bring up a color war? Small man complex? ;-)

·
Registered
504 Posts
NJ

I'm in North Jersey also..what dealership did you get it at?
I paid 7499 for mine without all the other ******** fees at Motorcycle Mall in Belleville about 3 months ago..Yellow also, I had them put on the 2bros exhaust while they were prepping it.

·
Registered
937 Posts
North Bergen here, i work in NYC as well. We should go riding some day.

·
Registered
932 Posts
b-b00gie said:
bike $7000
tax $470
dmv $150
setup $350
ext. warranty $570

Total was $8500. I almost didnt get the extended warranty and was looking at $7900, but I sprang for it just in case.

You forgot one line:

Finally owning a 600RR: Priceless!!!

Gratz man!

·
Registered
504 Posts
well

Guys usually every Wednesday my friends and I go for a ride up to Bear Mountain..everyone brings their cars up there to show off and there's always a huge amount of bikes. If you want a meet up PM me and next Wednesday we'll all go. I work in Hoboken and we can meet up in Fort Lee somewhere and head up the Palisades to meet my friends and then head on up.
check your pm's.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh yeah... stupid question...

I got a fender eliminator I want to put on. How do I remove that big black/silver plastic bracket/fender?

Do I have to remove the whole tail section to get at it from underneath?

·
Registered
932 Posts
It depends on what type of FE kit you went with. In general, though, it is much more convenient to remove the rear fairing. Don't forget to unplug the tail light as you are pulling back on the fairing though (you will see it once you pull back far enough). Once the fairing is off, then you can simply unscrew the stock fender and replace with the new one. Also, you will need to remove the rear fender to access the electrical connections (by the passenger left foot peg) which you will need to splice if you got mini turnsignals and LED plate screws. BTW, when you are pulling the rear fender off, you will need to flex it to get it off. Don't worry...it wont break unless you are putting an extreme amount of force to it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts