Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been considering a liter bike for a while now and was looking at Italian bikes but decided not to for a number of reasons. Instead I went with a crossplane R1. It's a 2009 with 2500 miles on it and its got a full hmf exhaust on it. It sounds wicked. I bring it home hopefully tomorrow. If not tomorrow then probably Monday or Tuesday. Heres a pic for now though at the dealer

The only thing I want to change as soon as I can is the seats. I don't have a problem with the comfort I just don't like the red. As for my cbr I haven't completely decided on keeping it or not yet. Ill probably figure that out after I ride the r1 for a while. Might turn it into a track bike if I keep it or just keep it for long rides and going to work to save gas. I will upload more pics and some videos when I get it home though.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Nice man that's my favorite color scheme for the r1 I would love that bike. Also, I'm diggin the red seats, I'd keep those for sure. I like it bc it's different no other stock bike have red seats...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
The red seats add color & character to the bike congrats man I love the red myself as well

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Great pick up man! Love the R1's, and that color scheme is sick! Stick with those seats fo' sho!

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Smexy! Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
more pics!

love the gear indicator and how it shows you how much throttle your using

This thing is incredible! Its insanely smooth and the sound is just plain awesome. I tried all 3 modes and standard is my favorite right now. A mode makes the bike a little to hyper for the street I think. I love the way the power comes on too. Ive only gotten into it probably a little more then 1/4 throttle and don't really feel the need to give it any more. It feels like its already pulling just as hard as the cbr at wot at that point. I'm probably gonna take a video of it tomorrow. Maybe some go pro videos too.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice! I was looking at CBR 1000rr too but I really wanted to stick with the under tail exhaust and I felt more comfortable on the R1 then I did on the CBR. Both seem to be great bikes though.

·
Maynard
7,084 Posts
Awesome sick looking bike and one of my favorite color combinations.

I too like the colored seats though. It accents the bike nice and is an eye catcher... Well when you're not on it I guess. Lulz

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I wanted a liter bike in the worst way, but my insurance was just going to be too high and I didn't want to pay that much. I basically would have been paying double my monthly payments for the the bike are, wc is ridiculous I think. I am a full coverage guy too always get I just in case. But hey maybe some day. But the r1 lookin sweet, hope u enjoy...

·
Registered
192 Posts
01PewterT/A, you should join R1-forum.com if you haven't already. That's what I consider my "home" forum, but I come here a lot because the track bike I'm building is a 600RR (plus this is just a cool forum.)

Definitely look into getting the ECU reflashed, its a very popular and highly recommended mod and not too pricey at all. The R1s (especially the crossplanes) are very restricted from the factory.

If you have an 01 T/A then we seem to share taste in vehicles...I have a black '00 WS6. :thumbup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
01PewterT/A, you should join R1-forum.com if you haven't already. That's what I consider my "home" forum, but I come here a lot because the track bike I'm building is a 600RR (plus this is just a cool forum.)

Definitely look into getting the ECU reflashed, its a very popular and highly recommended mod and not too pricey at all. The R1s (especially the crossplanes) are very restricted from the factory.

If you have an 01 T/A then we seem to share taste in vehicles...I have a black '00 WS6. :thumbup:
I was planning on joining that forum but haven't gotten around to it. Ill look into getting the ECU flashed. Don't think I need any more power right now though. Can't go wrong with a trans am. Ive had my 01 for a few years now but I'm gonna be getting rid of it soon. Bikes have taken away from my interest in cars and I barely drive it anymore. Sure has been an awesome car to own though. I hope to have a c6 Z06 someday though or something exotic.

Made a video after my ride today too (the helmet comment was one about one of my friends wanting to put on a helmet to muffle the sound lol)

No go pro video yet. Might make one tomorrow if the weathers nice. Don't know which bike ill take out tomorrow yet though either.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts