Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally she's done! *Updated*

Just finished getting the new 05 all prepped and race ready with all the good parts, took it for test yesterday and MAN is it sweet. Pulls like a rocket ship. I'm psyched so I just had to post up about it.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
sweet....bet that new clutch is nice......tell us how it performs

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The clutch is great, and I'll get some good pics of it up tonight likely. But here is one for now that I can show, but in this pic it was bone stock exept for plastics. And of course thanks to Lisa for this shot.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
damn, you look like an ogar on that thing haha

I commend you on a job well done. You put together something to be proud of. What kind of times do you run at Barber if you don't mind me asking. and of course if you have been and have a lap timer

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I imagine I hold the record!! kidding, actually never been there yet, next year I think. I run about 1:21 at Jennings GP and 1:30's at Homestead Miami if that helps.

I do look huge on the bike, especially with these new komodo leathers. They have so much freakin armor that it makes me look like a gorilla, even though all I am is tall not too huge.

·
Registered
612 Posts
formergixxer said:
The clutch is great, and I'll get some good pics of it up tonight likely. But here is one for now that I can show, but in this pic it was bone stock exept for plastics. And of course thanks to Lisa for this shot.

That is one bada$$ pic. Definitely post some pics when you get them.

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
congrats man be safe out there post some pictures
would like to see them

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
snapitoff2004 said:
yeah.. damn.. how heavy, and tall are you?

i'm 6'2 and weigh about 175 at my racing weight. In that pic I was about 180ish I think, but those leathers really make me look huge on the teeny honda haha.

And i'll definitely get some pics of the baby up soon.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Congrats man, my 04 is still getting ready, cant wait tho and i haven't got done as much as you but she's be reet, so when she's ready i've have to still go the a race school at jennings, but i'm getting there slowly and surley hoping to be there 5th Aug so hopefully racing soon enough.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hope to see you out there sometime showtime, I don't think I'll be back there til later august though, and then again for the CCS race after that.

·
Registered
320 Posts
nice, yeah you do look like you on a pocket racer; lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bike looks amazing Drew...my 05' will be ready in 2 weeks, just in time for the Seattle 100. Thanks for all the adivce, will be posting pis after the event. BTW, we both race the same numbers...211:beer:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oops, that action pic had to be of the 04 haha. I rode both bikes that weekend, and they have the same paint, anyway, in the next 15 min or so I'll have some pics of the 05 with the RIGHT FORKS up, lol sorry bout that whoops.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Ok, here are a couple pics. She is all done except for the graphics/decals, which will get done throughout the week.

·
Registered
311 Posts
what is the pad on the tank called besides a "jewel saver" and where can i get one...

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that pad I made out of one of those 5 buck gym mats from walmart, and I use it to keep my body back a little so that its easier for me to get into my cornering position under really hard braking. I'm too tall to be right up on the tank in a corner. I get in my own way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts