Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Tuesday night I was stupid and went into a turn too hot. I think I passed over a manhole cover and started to lowside. The tire eventually caught and kicked me clear over the bike in a wicked highside. I remember passing over the nose of the bike and then just tumbling--endless tumbling. I also heard the stomach-wrenching sound of plastics dragging on asphalt.

When the tumbling finally stopped, I got up and walked off the road. I tried to use my left hand to help my helmet off. I couldn't move my wrist. I looked down and found my wrist bent like a tetris piece. By this time neighbors had stepped out to help me, call 911, and make sure I was ok.

My left wrist was pretty badly damaged and needed surgery Wednesday night. I've now got a plate and four screws in my wrist. My left shoulder is rashed where the shoulder ripped. My gloves and jacket (Joe Rocket Phoenix) did their jobs, but they're trashed (the jacket left shoulder looks like it exploded). My Arai has a huge gash starting from the left of the chin to the left ear. And my bike needs a face lift on the right side--fairing, signals, rearset--all hashed after dragging for about 50 feet.

I'm alive, thank God. I learned a good lesson. I'll be learning it for the next six weeks. It ws such a stupid and unecessary accident. :bitchslap:

Anyway, I hope I recover quickly...Gotta fix my bike and get back on the saddle.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Glad you are okay, wrist injuries are the worst; I broke my wrist snowboarding 6 years ago adn it still hurts when I ride. I got three screws in mine.

Be safe buddy, see you on the road soon.

Rippey

BTW, get Codine 30%, atrofy (did I spell that right?) is the absolute WORST pain ever.

L

·
0 Posts
damn bro, that sux. i've got my stock signals in the garage that you can have if that is what you had on the bike. do you have frame/swingrm sliders?

someone hook the man up with their stock rearsets they have laying around.

hope you feel better.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Good to see your gear did its job. Without it, it would have been much, much worse. Let us know what you need. I've got some stock parts including rear signals I'd be happy to send your way. Ride safe and smile.

·
Registered
544 Posts
i have my stock rear fender with liscese plate lite!!!! glad to see your ok! and i think all of us can learn from this, that the road prob isnt the best place to be doing what we so often do.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the support (and offers for the parts), guys. i couild use some spares now, if you got 'em--especially that rearsetm pedal and lever. (deathstarr, i didn't have the fender on the bike, but thanks!)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well thank God your still alive. Have a speedy recovery. Hmmm it must have took you about 3 hrs to write that post since your now using the one handed chicken technique. :mrgreen: Get well

·
Registered
388 Posts
Damn bro. Glad to hear you're still alive and kicken. At least you learned something from this whole incident. Get better man.

C

·
0 Posts
Glad your not too badly hurt. Now it is time to asess the damage to the bike. Let us know how badly she is hurt.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
glad to hear you are ok---I don't have many spare parts, but it is cool as hell to see the people on this site be so helpfull. Yall rule and I am proud to te a part of this page and the bad-ass bike it represents. Enough with the koom-by-yah s**t.
(Whatever the speeling.)

Glad to hear you can't wait to get back up. Any estimates on the little girl yet? Insurance?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Glad you are OK. Metal and rubber don't really mix (especially when wet). I also learned the hard way too, but luckily it was on my scooter instead of the 600RR. Ride safe.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i have noticed a lot of people going down lately. i know how much it sucks cause i am one of them. all i can say is be carefull and thank god you and everyone else is okay.

goodluck and always wear your gear.

dennis

1 - 20 of 34 Posts