Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after owning two CBR600s (1996 CBR600F3 and 1994 CBR600F2) I finally broke down today and bought a 2006 CBR600RR, one word!!! WOW!!! This bike is awesome! I wish I would have gotten one sooner. Well I just wanted to say what's up to everyone and I am glad to be a CBR600 owner again.

DCT

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
congrats man , welcome to the fun addiction of 600RR.net

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hey Screaming R
That's what I did two weeks ago !
I rode a 95 F3 for about 4 years. I really loved that bike but it was getting old in the tooth.

I bought a slightly used 2005 600RR. And yes wow... its much more
torquey engine is smooth and powerful through out the power band
going to fuel injection is a big step up. Also much better brakes, larger rotors and radial mounted calipers...

One thing I find is the suspension seems a bit stiff for my 150 pounds
but I've only so far played with the preload. There is more to tweak.

Also the handling is currently not as sharp as what I had worked out
on my F3. But that was after a year or so of suspension tweaks and
installing a rear ohlins, getting Pilot Powers and dropping the front ride height about 3-4mm. I think i will drop the front of my RR a bit too. It'll give it a bit more aggressive geometry. My taste is for sharper handling.
But note if you are going to do this, do it in 2-3 mm increments, too much and it'll bite you.

The Dunlops 218s are sort solid but slow turning. New tires I imagine will go along way. The 06 model I think had 014 'stones, which I think are an improvement on the 218s.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
It's nice to see more F2 and F3 riders. I love my RR, but I just can't seem to let my F2 go...it's a great bike!

Welcome to the family Screamin'R!

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Congrats man and welcome to the site. It's very addicitve.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Welcome to the party, pal! Tell me you still have the other babies! You'd have a virtual CBR history in your garage! Well, enjoy and ride safe!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts