Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so,
i just bought an 08 cbr600rr in december and made my first paymenf of 284 bucks (this is obv my monthly payment). i bought this bike because at the time i had a job in which i could support this bike... well i lost my job and am now running out of money... it has about 1600 miles on it, a little quarter sized rash near the read seat, but is fine other than that. it has the jardine rt1, under batter FE kit, flush mount turn signals, double bubble, hp front bulbs and a new battery. . i am fairly young at 23 and am in college. ive kind of been put in a real bind here so anyone have suggestions as to the best route to take..?

·
Registered
132 Posts
how much is your payment, and if you budget properly can you keep paying for it. IDK your money situation so there are to many variables to guess

·
Registered
63 Posts
Raider, this is a fairly simple fix. U just bought the bike in Dec, so you're only about 3-4 months into it. You may lose some money, but it shouldn't be too much (assuming you didn't buy it new from a dealer...)....either see if you can work it out or sell it. You can basically sell it for the same amount you bought it for.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did buy it new from the dealership... :(

·
Registered
174 Posts
Oh, damn...plus you got a rash...
See if you can sell it for maximum dollar and put a portion of your own money up to pay it off. It sucks, but it'll get it out of your name...and help your credit.
Put as much money as you can on the loan and sell it for the price left on the loan, private party will most definitely get you the most money. That seems to be the only option you have...

·
Registered
63 Posts
You can also take some money you have and pay a couple ofmonths, in advance, on the loan!...say 3 months. That may give you some time to find another gig.

Return your bike to stock and sell all of those parts you have...that should get you closer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That sucks man. I think you should sell it for the amount you brought it for, try get a little more if poss. As you have already paid one payment you'll have some money for the summer holidays and I'll ne stress free. Either that or keep it and hope you get a new job in time for the other payment. I'd go with the first suggestion. U must have good credit, so u can always get another bike in the future. Good luck

·
Registered
263 Posts
Vortex Frame Sliders
Zero Gravity Double Bubble
Jardine RT-1
HotBodies flush mount signals
Targa F.E. Kit
Here is at least one payment! Which should buy you enough time to find a part time job and wait for the first paycheck... usually about 3 weeks if the place pays bi-weekly? As for the others (payments), Restaurants always need servers and cooks! Just depends how much you love your bike... The food industry is good like that, they hire quick, and you can leave quick; perfect for a short term fix. Plus, at 8.50 - 10.00/hr you would only have to pull weekends to make your payment.

This is the route I would take if I were in your situation (I'm a college student too...).

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Here is at least one payment! Which should buy you enough time to find a part time job and wait for the first paycheck... usually about 3 weeks if the place pays bi-weekly? As for the others (payments), Restaurants always need servers and cooks! Just depends how much you love your bike... The food industry is good like that, they hire quick, and you can leave quick; perfect for a short term fix. Plus, at 8.50 - 10.00/hr you would only have to pull weekends to make your payment.

This is the route I would take if I were in your situation (I'm a college student too...).

I second the weekend job food gig. Quick money. May or may not be easy depending on where you work but you can always easily leave when you find a better gig.

·
Registered
29 Posts
How are your payments? That much did you take out a 3 or 4 year note? I would go talk to State Farm and have the bike refinance for 5 or 6 years. It will drop your payments by nearly $100 dollars ie, if you owe $9000 a loan @ even 8% will be $182 a month. Also if you payed for gap insurance through your dealer you can get it back because state farm includes it for free. Just an idea.
matt

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
this suck ass bro lost my job aswell but with unemployment and my wife working i have enought money to pay all the bill including my bike and then some. but it kinda suck living on a tight buget now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
also, what is a good guesstimate of what i could get for my bike?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Sell the aftermarket exhaust it is more than a month of payment. Grab a bugger flippin' or table waiting job and start paying for your hobby. Stash away a little cash each paycheck and then pick up a new aftermarket exhaust if you still want it by end of summer.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
i read a decent chunk of the comments

but didnt see any one say - get a job at mcdonalds or something, it will make you enough to pay the note.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts