Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,726 Posts
This is true but there's a lot of things as important in this thread. I was going to go into the market this last December but other things came up and took up my time. I estimate it cost me $130,000 USD for not being in the market.

NFLX alone went from $200 or so to $280, then, just the other day, the market tanked, and using that stock alone as an example, it went to $233. In the last 1.5 weeks it went up to $300. There you go. And there's lots more like it (that's just ONE example).

Had I been in the market in December (remember, this is late February) I would have been able to buy a Ferrari F430, for cash.

So yeah, pay attention to the wisdom in this thread!! I'm helping my parents right now with a recent car purchase and it's taking up aesveral days of my time. Depending on how the market does, that time could cost me a fortune.
hindsight is 20:20

there's a reason you don't have a ferrari...

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This is true but there's a lot of things as important in this thread. I was going to go into the market this last December but other things came up and took up my time. I estimate it cost me $130,000 USD for not being in the market.

NFLX alone went from $200 or so to $280, then, just the other day, the market tanked, and using that stock alone as an example, it went to $233. In the last 1.5 weeks it went up to $300. There you go. And there's lots more like it (that's just ONE example).

Had I been in the market in December (remember, this is late February) I would have been able to buy a Ferrari F430, for cash.

So yeah, pay attention to the wisdom in this thread!! I'm helping my parents right now with a recent car purchase and it's taking up aesveral days of my time. Depending on how the market does, that time could cost me a fortune.
Jack Bogle says "Stay the course" and I think that's the best advice someone can give to an investor. Yes there are downturns and markets go up and down... but no one knows where the tops and bottoms are. I've been thinking we're at the top for about five years now - shows what I know. But I keep sinking whatever money I can away and plan to just not touch it for about 15-20 years.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts