Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im 20 yrs old with a couple credit cards here and there but all get paid off every month. I can buy the bike in cash but then i would be tight for a while and would rather finance the bike through the dealer most likely. What kind of deal am i looking at. I wont have a co-signer either. I am a student with only source of income is my semester salary which i have an extra ~$6,000 for the bike. I also have calculated money into this for gear and full insurance and ill still have the 6k for the bike.

Time period for the finance is lets say 10 months. I can do 6 months if need be. I can do w/e down and w/e payments...

Will i be able to get a bike through financing at the dealer?:wave:

thnks

·
Registered
153 Posts
The answer is always NO, until you ask. Go to the dealer, tell them what you want to do and see if they can work out a deal you like.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Just stand your ground, trust me they WANT the sale. Walk out if you have to, say you know you can get the deal somewhere else...
good luck!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
im going for a 03,04, or 05....
Just take your cash and go buy a bike from a private party. Try to find one with an existing extended warranty. In the end you will save more money than financing one through a dealer. The loan company doesn't want a 6 month or 10 month loan anyway. They are more about making money off you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what i was going to do but id rather have money in the bank and spend a little more on a finanace if i could....

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
No, I don't think you will have a problem getting financed. If you are gonna finance a bike though, better to be a brand new one. Buying a used bike that way is paying too much for something used in the end. IMHO- Buying any bike that is under $10k through finance is not smart. I only pay cash....so I'm not the one to ask I guess. Although, my way is a good way to stay out of debt or avoid paying out on a loan for a bike you end up wrecking.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sweet! THNKS for the advice guys!

I just got done with the MSF course last weekend and fnished best i the class and cant wait to get my bike and start practicing for a few months so i can start riding for real!!!!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
If you finance through a dealer, you will a high interest rate. You should be able to get a loan, but I strongly suggest that you get pre-approved before you go to the dealership. With a pre-approved loan, you'll get a better interest rate, plus you'll have leverage when you walk into the dealership.

In addition, if you get pre-approved, you can buy from a private party and save a lot of money compared to buying at a dealership.

If you have clean credit and steady income, you should be able to qualify. If you put a couple of $k down, you'll qualify easier and I think you'll get a better interest rate..

E

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont have a job im a sudent... so will i still be able to finance? ill check out about loans but i have a feeling since im a student with no job i want be aproved for nething over 500 bucks

·
OG
19,115 Posts
i dont have a job im a sudent... so will i still be able to finance? ill check out about loans but i have a feeling since im a student with no job i want be aproved for nething over 500 bucks
the only place that would finance you is a place that does in house financing and charge you super high interest. you miss one payment and they'll repo your sh!t the next day

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
if you have $6k in cash, go buy a nice used bike. i would not recommend financing if you can pay cash. plus i don't know ur credit history so its hard to tell.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
not yet there will be in a few days or so im getting ready to transport it up to school this weeked!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts