Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, yeah i just wanted to ask if you guys got financing on the spot there in the dealership were you guys bought your bikes.....payed cash or actually went to the bank to take out a loan.

im thinking about taking out a loan out of Washington Mutual but i want to know where you could take out a loan and still have a really low APR. i prefer to do this instead of going to the dealership and go over financing...done it with cars and hate every minute of it.

do you guys know of any companies that specialize in really low APRs even on beginning or no credit.

another thing i have heard is that when you see those signs on the street that says fix your credit. they actually can, you pay them about 30 bucks and they clean your record clean but every month or so you get notices on stuff you owe. well that this is a good way to get a low APR on something but that you have to do it right before you go the dealer. but the question is, i go in there and my report says i have already established my credit. a month later it shows up as bad.....is there any way they can bust me or will they not even bother with it.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Pay cash. I did.

the dealer finances on the spot. APR depends on your credit I'm sure. Always a good idea to get your own financing to compare and rate shop theirs.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I financed the whole thing, sign and drive. I got 6.9 percent for 60 months through Honda. I pay $189/month. I don't mind it now while i am riding it but it may get kind of old in the winter months when i am paying and looking at it in the garage. You end up paying alot in interest so if you can pay as much in cash as you can. I just really wanted the RR and did not have money to put down. I checked a few banks and the motorcycle loan interest rates were high.

·
Registered
286 Posts
If you add it up 600RRocket your paying 11,340 for your bike with that loan!? Somthings wrong there.... I had an APR of 11.30% on my bike for the same length of time for 164 a month, However I paid it off last month after a year of it.

Any how for my bike I walked in, pointed at the bike and said "gimmi" they offered me finacning at 20%, in large part due to my lack of credit history only had 3 years of it. So I called my bank from the dealership and got myself the 11.30% loan within 30 minits plus got the bike added for full coverage at the same time, drove out fully insured and financed.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I put eveything on there. The loan included the bike (8200), extended warranty (627), misc dealer fees, registration fee, tax, and you have to add the interest. I don't have the break down infront of me but it worked out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The dealer here offered 10.1% however no matter how high my down payment they wouldnt finance me so i walked in and paid cash... they prolly wondered where i got all the money all of a sudden... I keep thinking damn i saved a good chunk of intrest... then i think damn, i have no money left...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Went w/ Honda's Promo 1.9% APR for 6 months (Honda's CC)...Then I did a balance transfer, because 0% APR for like 1 1/2 year or so....

Before you get your bike tho, make sure you check out how much Full coverage insurance's cost....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts