Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a badass ride around the local canyon roads. I'm totally pumped because I finally got my suspension sorted out. Pull into my garage, pull off my helmet and gloves and find a two inch piece of drill bit sticking out of my rear tire. FACK!!!!!!!! Brand new facking Qualifiers with a trackday and about 100 street miles, FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
yeah it sucks, I had a simular situation happen to me w/80 miles on the rear tire and then again at 1k.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
That sucks. Someone just replaced their shingles down the street and i'm waiting to come home to a shingle nail stickin out of my tire.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
you just be glad that you're puncturing the rear & not the front tire, think of the consequences when your front tire conks out when you're at lean, with the rear you can feel it giving out so you have time to react & slow down, my first ride to the mountain pass i had my rear tire punctured by broken glass & it sucks to go home with the bike in the van.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i hear ya

dude i live in slidell la now where hurricane katrina just passed through....talk about debris....it's hard to ride without something happening to my bike...its only a month old and i have 1 nail in the front, 2 nails in the back, and a hole through my radiator from something...it's not like i'm riding off road or anything, just interstates and roads...how freakin bad does that suck...........

·
Registered
665 Posts
I feel you bro. I had to punctured tires within two weeks riding in LA. Part of the problem may have been I was constantly splitting lanes and all the junk happens to sit in the middle of the lanes.

I just bought new Pilot Powers and paid $25 for a lifetime hazard warranty in case I ever run over anything out here in Vegas.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
that blows, i am constantly looking over my tire once i get home from a ride. and actaually press on it to make sure they aren'y loosing presure or anything abnormal

N

·
0 Posts
baffula said:
If the nail is laying flat, the front tire will roll over it and stand it up setting it ready to dive into your rear tire. (At least that's what I've been told)
If a nail is on the ground, aren't they automatically laying flat on the ground?:sign10:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts