Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, what do you think of the old Honda Fireblades? You know, 900rr, 954rr, etc. Has anyone had any experience with them? Are they good for street driving? And can anyone give me an idea of what it would cost to buy one?

Thanks in advance.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
ive ridden a 929, and they say its no track star, the 954 is better they say, but they say its not good at the tracks eiter. BUt anything else, 954/929 are awesome and can be used for anything. This is all hearsay BTW.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Both are great bikes and a bit more comfy than the current RR's.

It's not that hard to find a 954 in good shape with low miles for around $6,000 or less.You can install some risers on it and it makes a great touring bike or comuter.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Awesome bikes....i had a 2001 929. Andi liked it more than my 2000 r1 and my 2002 r1.

Honestly it was one of my Fav bikes ever...

The reason they say no track star is cause the forks are WWWAAAAYYY under sprung.

For a track bike just get a used one,upgrade the suspension and have a blast.

This is me back in 2001 on it.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I still have a 03 954 for the street and a 05 600RR for the track. The 954 is way undersprung from factory but a $100 set of springs will fix that real quick. I love the 954 for the street cause it has lots of torque and allows me to be a little lazier with the gear selection and I don't have to rev it to the moon to develop a decent drive. But I do prefer my 600 on the track. Course it has full penske internals up front and a penske rear so it is a little better equiped for higher corner speed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts