Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,637 Posts
I went to the website. Didn't see anything about a 4 bike shootout or review for this months issue. Either the website is behind the publication, or possibly its not Superbike Magazine (UK) ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Being in the Kawi forum felt like sneaking into the girls bathroom back in high school. lol

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Yeah, but 4 of the Hondas had fuel pick up issues. They don't know if it was a pump defect or whatever. But all of them konked out within minutes of each other. Other than that, it was pretty competitive all the way with everyone in tow.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
That's not what the Supersport race said... Honda came in 5th, the race was a Kawasaki 1-2 with Suzuki coming in third and Yamaha taking 4th.

i think. i know it was a kawi 1 2 though.
Then you can look at World SuperSport and see/say:

Losail: 1st-600RR; 2nd-R6; 3rd-600RR; 4th- ZX6; 5th ZX6
Phillip Island: 1st-ZX6; 2nd-600RR; 3rd-R6; 4th-600RR; 5th-600RR

And I'm sure you can look up another race and find different results...

·
Registered
779 Posts
That's not what the Supersport race said... Honda came in 5th, the race was a Kawasaki 1-2 with Suzuki coming in third and Yamaha taking 4th.

i think. i know it was a kawi 1 2 though.
kawi has factory support in Supersport right? Cause I know Honda doesn't.

the fuel pump issue was in Formula Extreme

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Yeah, the FX machines have factory backing I believe and those are the ones with the pump issues. In Superstock, it's just the Erion team, I believe but some say it's basically factory backed. Eh? Who knows?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Being in the Kawi forum felt like sneaking into the girls bathroom back in high school. lol
dont worry, im from kawiforums.. heh, was a toss up for me between the two bikes but i went with the 6r a week a go, but the honda was a close second. Both badass bikes and will make great track weapons.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah, the FX machines have factory backing I believe and those are the ones with the pump issues. In Superstock, it's just the Erion team, I believe but some say it's basically factory backed. Eh? Who knows?
The "fuel pump" issue was discussed in another thread and it wasn't even the pump at all but the race fitted gas cap for quick refuels. Its venting system wasn't working correctly so as the fuel got very low, enough pressure was building up that fuel pump couldn't "pump" gas anymore.

K

·
0 Posts
Then you can look at World SuperSport and see/say:

Losail: 1st-600RR; 2nd-R6; 3rd-600RR; 4th- ZX6; 5th ZX6
Phillip Island: 1st-ZX6; 2nd-600RR; 3rd-R6; 4th-600RR; 5th-600RR

And I'm sure you can look up another race and find different results...
Actually, there's a large performance boost on european bikes. I don't know why, but the EU 600RR is more powerful than the US 600RR. not sure if Kawi did the same or just make a world spec ZX6R... But that's why.

SuperStock and SuperSport are not the same thing. I'm sure you know this, but i feel i should correct it.

In the SuperSport race it was the Monster Energy / Kawasaki Motors Corp. Honda had American Honda / Erion Rcng / Parts Unlimited sponsorship.

so yes factory sponsored, but factory backed? I donno about that.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
^^wow the daytona got 2nd..i like that bike alot as well
Look at the numbers though, the Daytona is equal to the CBR. The datona has more power throughout the powerband according to the graph.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts