Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to ride yesterday, started off in my parking lot then went to the shopping center across the street. Got comfortable enough to go on the street and enjoyed 4 hours of riding :D

Really love that feeling, just don't like my wrists after those 4 hours :/ Think I'll keep it smaller getting started out from now on.

Oh and thanks to the .net I started enjoying riding so much more for the last part of the day... I was shifting gears before 4k because of all the stay away from the power band talk. Tried riding in 3rd at 6k @45mph cruising... so much more fun and enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

Attachments

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
just wait, couple more months of riding and you'll think god, why did i shift a 4k!!

congrats on your new ride and have fun. most of all be safe and wear your gear, i see your pic too, looks like your starting out right

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trying to man, money well spent in my eyes

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
core strength is important,

grip the tank with your knees.

this takes weight off your arms and hands.

your hands should only LIGHTLY be gripping bars.

i really mean LIGHTLY....

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Good to here ur starting off slow. Yea ur wrists will hurt for alittle until they streghten up happened to me too. Good advice on previous post, def grip tank w/ ur knees more takes some weight off the arms and wrists. Once you get more comfortable you wont be grapping handle bars w a death grip haha.... Good luck...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Take the MSF course. Your left hand will ache for a week from all the clutch work they do.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'll definitely try grip the tank more with my knees, that's great advice. I'm taking the MSF course as soon as I have a weekend free, I work weekends a lot sadly but I've got the weekend after next off so it's the highest priority for me at the moment.

lmao @ the 14k comment, I haven't even gone above 7 hahaha. I think I will just gradually get into the powerband as I ride more and get more comfortable.

I'm working on getting going from 1st on a hill, I can do it and not stall (most times) but im still really slow to get going.

@maaku definitely agree there, as I get closer to my street I try and keep it as quiet as possible...since I'm coming home from work at 4am most nights. I try not to be an ******* whenever possible, but the days I have off its fair game :D

thanks for all the tips though, they are very much appreciated!

xan

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Also, check your clutch and brake levers. Make sure they're not too high up, this could cause part of the problem of your wrists.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, check your clutch and brake levers. Make sure they're not too high up, this could cause part of the problem of your wrists.
speaking of the clutch, one thing I've noticed is the when letting it out the bike doesn't engage or start moving until very very close to it being fully out. normal or need to adjust it?

·
Registered
944 Posts
I barely hold my handle bars. Im new to riding. I mean i hold them, but I don't DEATH grip them. Yes grip the tank with your knee's....This may seem really dumb, but bend over more, but keep your back straight if that makes any sense. Almost a tuck. I find laying my belly on the tank helps out also. That's just my input I've been riding for almost 2 months now. MAKE SURE TO WEAR ALL YOUR GEAR! (I' am still gathering all my gear, but I have the basics. Helmet Gloves and Jacket. I need boots and pants now.
Keep your bike maintained. Always check it! and Learn how to fix the simple things!

This forum is a great place. If you Google ANYTHING ABOUT A CBR 9 times out of 10 .Net pops up with the answer. Great members, great community and a wealth of information and help!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I barely hold my handle bars. Im new to riding. I mean i hold them, but I don't DEATH grip them. Yes grip the tank with your knee's....This may seem really dumb, but bend over more, but keep your back straight if that makes any sense. Almost a tuck. I find laying my belly on the tank helps out also. That's just my input I've been riding for almost 2 months now. MAKE SURE TO WEAR ALL YOUR GEAR! (I' am still gathering all my gear, but I have the basics. Helmet Gloves and Jacket. I need boots and pants now.
Keep your bike maintained. Always check it! and Learn how to fix the simple things!

This forum is a great place. If you Google ANYTHING ABOUT A CBR 9 times out of 10 .Net pops up with the answer. Great members, great community and a wealth of information and help!
heard that man. I was reading this forum as a guest long before I got the bike, most helpful without a doubt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts