Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this bike for over 2 years, been riding for over 8. Here is the first ever pic taken of me riding.
It was during a group memorial ride last Wednesday.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
hey hey at least hes wearing gear

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yea, the idea is there. I see some kind of over the ankle boot, and gloves, but that Icon Timax jacket is the most worthless thing i've ever seen. It had zero CE approved armor. It's only claim towards being "safe" is that at the back, elbows, and shoulders they weaved in a titanium thread every 1/4 inch. Besides making you look like a character from roller ball, they don't breathe.
Sorry to hate on the jacket so much. Hooray for getting a pic while riding. Keep it up.

C

·
0 Posts
I dont have any pics of me riding. Its kinda hard to take those when your on the bike. Something about physics and the like. I dont know : ).

·
Registered
586 Posts
Ceph said:
i ride in an Icon TiMax jacket. i've crash tested mine quite a few times, and it's still going strong. my cousin crash tested his at 60 and the jacket still looks like new. he recieved no injuries at all.. cept a cracked tailbone (he landed on it first).

nice pic tho, thanks for sharing.

HAHA

crash tested

"Ok, this looks like a good turn to go down, to check how this jacket handles the damage..................ok NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
No hating. Icon makes crappy products that fall apart. That's why they include a figurine of Saint somebody in each product to protect you from traveling injuries or accidents because they know their jackets aren't going to protect you.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, look at all the commentary I missed.

I was more concerned I was going to get critiqued on my riding position, not my choice of riding gear. LOL! For the Icon haters...I have the Icon gloves too. The hooligan shorties and gauntlets, AND, the textile pants. :D I like them. It's the only textile jacket that I feel safe in. If Ceph has crash tested it, then that is good enough for me. All the others felt flimsy. There were several other guys ride in the group that had on other brand textiles...and their's were flappin in the wind. That's too thin.

My boots are full length Danners. I wasn't planning on going, other wise I would have worn my one peice. This was a lunch ride, I was at work, and that morning I didn't feel like wearing leathers, and packing a days worth of clothes.

·
Registered
526 Posts
slvrblckrr said:
Yea, the idea is there. I see some kind of over the ankle boot, and gloves, but that Icon Timax jacket is the most worthless thing i've ever seen. It had zero CE approved armor. It's only claim towards being "safe" is that at the back, elbows, and shoulders they weaved in a titanium thread every 1/4 inch. Besides making you look like a character from roller ball, they don't breathe.
Sorry to hate on the jacket so much. Hooray for getting a pic while riding. Keep it up.
I also have a Timax along with a new Daytona! I bought the Timax mesh for hot weather and it works great, it's all I had for awhile and had to use it on chilly days, it felt like I had nothing on at all! The only thing I don't like about it is that on the back on of the fins raise up like a spoiler when your in riding position. I'm gonna have my ol' lady sew it down. Anyway nice pics!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
+1 on the nice picture.

I have an ICON jacket too, and love it...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts