Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my first longer distance highway commute this morning. Was hella fun but the wind pressure at speed is crazy.. Any riding tips to deal with cutting through the wind better?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Low profile, non baggy riding PPE would probably help. I need to get a new jacket as the sleeves on mine are too large and really catch the wind. I slide back in my seat pretty far and arch my back slightly with my head down and looking forward to help with aerodynamics. Sitting too upright is crazy at 75+ mph.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Low profile, non baggy riding PPE would probably help. I need to get a new jacket as the sleeves on mine are too large and really catch the wind. I slide back in my seat pretty far and arch my back slightly with my head down and looking forward to help with aerodynamics. Sitting too upright is crazy at 75+ mph.
How do you feel about the double bubble windscreens? I think they look dope but do they actually work?

·
Registered
25 Posts
How do you feel about the double bubble windscreens? I think they look dope but do they actually work?

There’s a noticeable difference between stock and double bubble. Same with double bubble and Corsa/sport touring.

Depends what you want to sacrifice more; looks or aerodynamics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
ZG corsa works well.

Full leathers help with not being bothered by wind.

60 mph+ i'm lowering my torso and getting clean and tucked in.

Throttle open, after 85-90 mph i'm very tight to the bike.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
A taller windscreen will somewhat help but if you’re a new rider the pressure is something you get used to.

The aerodynamics are such you do not need to lay on the tank to get out of the air unless you’re looking for the last few mph at triple digit speeds. Sportbikes are designed to flow your upper body and head in a flow of clean and smooth air, you should feel some air but nothing excessive.

I know when a swap between faired bikes and naked I’m always surprised how much wind is felt on a standard. But I get used to it after a few miles.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Aero tuck and twist the throttle more >:)
You'll get off the highway quicker if you ride faster :thumbup:

(or just crouch down a little bit to get your chest out of the wind, keep elbows bent, and don't grip the bars too tightly :shakehand )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Proper fitting gear. A helmet that doesn’t suck. Keep it low work on looking super stylish when your all tucked. Rest an arm on the tank? My trouble is when your riding tucked for periods dipped behind your screen head down but you need to look up ahead. Hurts the neck. Also idk but I feel like my rear sets make the tuck more better. Finding the positions that work/where your arm elbows work with your knees over on top..,..
But anyway-get out of the stream by hugging your bike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts