Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recorded my first MPG numbers in fuelly for my 2008 honda cbr600rr. The dealer filled the tank with unspecified gas and I only got 34.1 mpg for that tank of gas. I filled the bike with 93 octane Shell gas and got 46.1 mpg, pretty good considering I was expecting less MPG due to the first tank mpg fuelly report. The dealer must have used inferior gas. I did a test on my last bike, a 11 cbr250r, and recored the mpg numbers difference between BP gas and Shell gas, I was able to eek out 40 more miles with Shell gas (extra 11 mpg). Shell is definitely the better gas as it is listed as top-tier gas.

Btw, I'm not riding this bike around like a scooter, lol, I'm having fun busting a nut here and there on the highway but I do like to coast around town and keep the rpm down which definitely helps save some gas. What are you guys averaging on your bikes? I got close to 80 mpg avg on my last 250.

From my understanding the two bros slip on I have can reduce the mpg a little.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Your doing it wrong!

The best I have ever gotten in the '03 was mid twenties. Of course I usually run the revs in the 6K + range and treat the throttle as an ON/OFF switch

·
Banned
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just added a new entry into fuelly, got 44 mpg this time, 2 mpg less than last fill up but still good. My avg bumped up to 41.5 mpg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts