Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from another decent February ride. And I thought I'd share this kind of insignificant mistake. I mean of course of the 3 years riding any bike period, I would have my first stall on my new 600. But anyways I was holding this guy up at a stop sign cuz I'm over cautious somtimes, and once there was a brief opening I get ready to go and stall. The guy drove by just smiling at me. I felt pretty noobish considering I swore I dropped it into first but it was only in second, and didn't compensate with extra throttle. I was a little suprised, I was riding all over town with no problems all day.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
DOh, i gotta admit, i did this a few weeks ago as well, went on a long ride, about 3 hours, in 34 - 40 degree weather in the mountains, didnt get down to first was in second when i stoped for gas

haha

·
Registered
195 Posts
Glad Im not the only one who still does this. Still trying to get use to the clutch on the cbr versus my old Ninja.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Lol!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, that's not really a noob mistake. We all have done it, even after years of riding, people still do it, especially after a long ride where your mind and body is just baked and exhausted.

It does make you feel pretty stupid though when someone in a car notices....most of the time cagers can't tell the difference.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Maybe you should do GP shift :lol:

you can actually get rolling from 2nd gear. I do it sometimes when i'm too lazy to shift to 1st when coming to a stop. you just gotta compensate for the different gearing/rpm (rev it up a bit more)

·
Registered
288 Posts
you're ******* nuts man, i live in milwaukee and when it's below 50 deg. i don't ride...and i know it was like 32 today. noooo thanks! ...and i love riding probably more than the next guy.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I stalled mine a couple times when I was trying to get used to the dry clutch having learned on a wet one. It grabbed a lot more than I was used to. The trick is to not panic or get pissed and tear off in a fit.

It happens to the best of us.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Must have stayed on more of the main roads i take it? I know here in Oshkosh there is still a decent amount of snow/slush on some of the roads.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha yeah i guess, it just makes you feel kinda silly especially with it being in the middle of winter. but it was fun, I can't wait for when it really starts warming up

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've done that once or twice....what I'm really good at doing is going for a long easy riding cruise and forgetting what gear I'm in, so I'm usually grabbing the clutch and kicking up to 6th and coming back down to the gear I want. Or I'll be in 6th thinking I'm in fifth, getting annoyed by the annoying hum my Yoshi has at certain rpms, go to kick into 6th and just end up stubbing my toe really hard.

I did this far less after a little more experience.

Shocked teedubyaw didn't post up a picture of a 250 and tell you that you shouldn't be riding a 600 race replica.

·
Registered
491 Posts
whatever, I do that sh*t all the time.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I read this earlier today and thought, "who the hell stalls their bike?"

Wouldn't ya know it, I boneheaded it coming out of the work parking lot this evening. Completely lost my mind, let go of the clutch to pull my visor down, and voila, stalled. I had enough momentum to just grab the clutch again, restart it, and keep going like nothing happened without even putting a foot down, but still stupid.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts