Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I got a call today from the Honda Dealer... Looks like i got the:director: first 2007 Honda CBR600RR in canada. oh yeah i got Black one! Its ready for pickup but i wont be able to till sat.

Im really excited!thought i would share my excitement with everyone...

This is my first bike, I hope i can handle all that power...

So does anyone know where i can get the seat cowl (OEM) they told me it wont be avail. till the early summer... and im looking for frame sliders any suggestions...

Thanks and wish me luck!

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
NICE, congrats brother!! My bike (black) is also at the dealership but won't be ready for pick up until the 23rd. ARGH

The part # for the solo seat is 08F74-MFJ-310 and they are incorrect, there is stock. FYI, my cowl is sitting on my desk as I type this. It's very nice!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im located in toronto... i have an idea ill take your cowl and you can watch me install it on my bike :) kidding thanks for the part number where did you get it from and how much i will go get one today...

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
im located in toronto... i have an idea ill take your cowl and you can watch me install it on my bike :) kidding thanks for the part number where did you get it from and how much i will go get one today...
fogetabowit!!;)

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
That's my bike!! :) Sweet bro, when do you take her home?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
she being delivered on tuesday... but its snowing here still so i wont be able to ride it till a few more weeks pass and the roads are cleared of all the salt adn sand from the winter... hopefully soon i cant wait. im talking my m2 course on the 29 of this month at humber... im gonna wait till after my course to ride... i have never ridden before i want to make sure i learn how to ride properly before i get into any stupid habits.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Oh snap, I just looked at your picture again and noticed that you were at Markham Outdoor Power! I was there today. LOL

My bike is in the right corner and my friend's bike (both black) is right in front of mine.

I live about 3 minutes from the shop.

Oh yeah, although your jacket is nice, looks like you need a new one. :)

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
she being delivered on tuesday... but its snowing here still so i wont be able to ride it till a few more weeks pass and the roads are cleared of all the salt adn sand from the winter... hopefully soon i cant wait. im talking my m2 course on the 29 of this month at humber... im gonna wait till after my course to ride... i have never ridden before i want to make sure i learn how to ride properly before i get into any stupid habits.
Good idea, I know I'll be taking it for at least a run up and down the street. The weather is supposed to be about 10 degrees on Friday although those long range forecasts mean ****.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Our store (Motosport Plus) in Kingston has orderd a couple. I'm going to use my staff discount and buy the first black one that comes into the shop. Apparently there all in Toronto being distrubuted between the stores starting this week. Closer stores earlier. I can't wait!! Ive already got a painter lined up and some mods! Congrats dude!

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
nice before you put any kkks on the tires, see if the dealer will do a trade and swap for PPs or corsas, for a couple of bucks get the tires ya want.... mint bike, me so jealous

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
nice before you put any kkks on the tires, see if the dealer will do a trade and swap for PPs or corsas, for a couple of bucks get the tires ya want.... mint bike, me so jealous
My original plan was to throw on my rims from my 03 (had an extra set) with Pirelli Corsas on them for the street. I ran only 3 track days on them last season and would be perfect for street riding. Then, I'd sell the new stockers and mount track tires for track days. But all that went out the window now that I know they won't fit (Son of a BITCH... sorry)

I'm probably just going to leave the stock tires on and sell the Corsas as scrubs to a friend and sell the rims separately. That will leave me with the pain in the ass of swapping meat off my 07 rims between track days and street riding (definitely no cash for aftermarket and OEM rims are over a G!!)

I already sourced a set of Pirelli Dragon scrubs for my first track day(s) (sitting in my basement) and will be getting another set shortly. Also going to try the 209s to see which ones I like better.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Our store (Motosport Plus) in Kingston has orderd a couple. I'm going to use my staff discount and buy the first black one that comes into the shop. Apparently there all in Toronto being distrubuted between the stores starting this week. Closer stores earlier. I can't wait!! Ive already got a painter lined up and some mods! Congrats dude!
Yep yep, deliveries started this week.

Custom paint, NOICE!! I'm probably going to put a few squid stickers on mine. LOL

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Oh, make sure you post pics. I think most people will be painting or swapping the mid fairing to match the rest of the bike (including me), not the other way around like you are doing, should be original. For sure, throw up some pics when you get her done.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts