Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought the Alpinestars SMX-5 boot and for the few days that ive had them i think they are a very nice riding boot.

i got them for $225.99 at a local bike shop.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Kinda pricy if you ask me. Vendors here would give you 15% or more off MSRP, not 5 buck more MSRP. They are good riding boots, not really protective, but kinda ok for 200 buck.

·
Registered
phoenix, RIP. team white, RIP. 1098S, sold. only a cage as transport for now.
2,147 Posts
hooray for gear!!! regardless what you paid for them, like suu said, it's good to see people gearing up. i myself bit the bullet and picked up the sidi vortice airs. no matter what though, gear up, ride safe.

·
Premium Member
51,156 Posts
The Gaerne are awesome boots that skip the radar look into them DEP excellent Italian quality and will last a while what size do you wear ? i might have something for you

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
The Gaerne are awesome boots that skip the radar look into them DEP excellent Italian quality and will last a while what size do you wear ? i might have something for you

:+1: on the gaerne, still made in italy, those cows are something special!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya I think that they are nice in my mind. But this is my very first season riding so i am just getting the start of my riding wardrobe. so i got a couple of years to go...

·
Premium Member
51,156 Posts
bebo
You are on the right track man way better than the way lots of us have started before you so keep it up man and you will be alright

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Moeman i appreciate it allot. Ya cause there has been a couple of crashes and a death in my city, so i would like to take extra pro-caution on the subject.

·
Registered
117 Posts
those smx5s are a good choice! slid out a month ago, glad i had those boots!! foot was under the bike for a second and if not for that protection would have grated my ankle like cheese! hardly notice the scars on the boot tho :)
and i dont think i can keep from saying the deal i got on them this season! local moto shop was geting rid of their floor stuff, ended up buying them for $78 after tax :DDD
no deal on boots will ever feel the same :p again awesome choice!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GHod i wish i got em' for 78 bucks but oh well not a big deal with the price any way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.