Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honestly sometimes my own boredom seems to land me in situations which otherwise would not happen, Well not right now at least. First of all let me explain: For almost a year now I have been riding Without a liscense plate, cuz frankly It lookes ugly as hell and roughins up my babys sweet lines :pimp: Never once have I had a problem, even with multiple cops sittin behind me at a light. Well tonight was a different story. Cruzin around lookin for this infamous Bike Night here in Riverside, just cruzin along enjoying the cool yet warm night air, I see some bright lights behind me. I knew instantly they were a motorcycle, so im like cool, somone to cruz with for a few miles. Umm no, as i switch up in to stagger formation, I see it. Flashing lights, "Aww sht"! So yeah I pull over take Key out of bike, as recomended per this chat board, Thanks Guys!
Mr cop walks up and, asks the almighty question "So do you know why I pulled you over" and typical response, "um no sir, not really." To make a long story short, turns out your suppose to have your liscense plate on your bike and visibal at all times! Who would have thunk that :icon_butt At the time the only thing I could think of saying, because I knew it was suppose to be on there, was "ohh my bracket broke, In fact I just picked up a new one" Hhahah lame I know. Mr officer didnt think it was funny, "Yeah, u know what, I hear that one all the time." So I was thinking to myself oops, try to make up for your gay ass lie.. Ok start come convo about something.. think.. think.. But yeah, home boy was all business, Fix it ticket, Which I already fixed tonight and will get signed off this week. But honestly this guy was dead set on making his quota tonight. As a pack of riders rode by, most likely laughin at my misfortune, Mr Cop was checking each and every one of them out, so he instantly hurried up and finished with me, charging off into the dark abyss, in search of some other poor soul, missing a liscense plate. :01_bitchs

·
Registered
435 Posts
Well written, but your excuse for not having a plate is straight up kibosh! *off topic, but I'll be in LA next Thurs. =)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah my excuse just didnt come out right, I was nervous, Pluss My insurance cards expired in July.. I have full coverage, But still I was worried he would ding meon that.. **** ever since my first speeding ticket; Which was not on a bike, Cops make me nervous as hell! I knew I was fuked anyways! Moral of the story, Next time Im goin to be like, Yeah Liscense plates are wack yo! Aint she sexy without it, puttin a plate on would be like puttin clothes on an already naked beauty lyin on your bed just beggin for it!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
you got hit because you were around a bike nite. cops are gonna cruise bike nites same as they cruise teh canyons on sat/sun mornings and hit bikers for this sort of thing...

·
Ninjore Supreme
6,535 Posts
slvrblckrr said:
I don't understand/sympathize with the no plate thing. Seems like you're just begging for tickets.
I agree completely, if you are aware that you are breaking a law and doing it anyways you are lucky that he didn't throw the book at you. Not having a plate is just asking for it.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Ruler007 said:
Cruzin around lookin for this infamous Bike Night here in Riverside,
its at zorbas burgers on iowa ave, off university.

sux about your ticket though. but a plate is kinda a minimum. oh well, live and learn.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
damn, i wonder if i can try that one over here in good ole VA.
theyll prolly bump me off that sucka to stop me, and then hit the lights and sprinkle some crack on me and put a demo tape in my pocket.

Thast crazy that youve been doing it that long tho.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I believe you are an idiot for riding around without a plate. I do not believe you will find many people hear who will sympathize with you. Sorry.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
Good thing he didn't think your bike was stolen and pulled a gun out on you. That's the first thing I would think being a cop and not seeing a plate on a bike.

Smarten up and keep a plate on.

·
Registered
888 Posts
cuz......I feel so sorry for you........no plate and all.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would have said "no ****?!? it was on there when I left the house! it must have fallen off some where on the road!"

But yeah, you were really pushin your luck riding for a whole year with no plate... surprised you made it that long. At least he wasn't a ****... a fix it ticket is easy as hell to take care of... he could have followed you longer waiting for you to make some technical mistakes.

Rock

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
why wouldn't you put a plate? i don't understand the concept.
i'd complain about crap like improper turn signals for the flushmounts BS like that, but having no plate is just asking to get pulled over.

IOWA plates must come in swirly pink? yO!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
dang dawg, i dont wear a helmet cuz it ruins my blowout, cant be walkin around with ugly hair! oh wait i wear a baseball cap after i get off my bike so i keep the helmet on. get a fender elinator kit, it will "hide" the plate, and not make ur bike "lookes ugly as hell and roughins up my babys sweet lines"

·
19,904 Posts
Whatever, your story is funny and you got just waht was coming to you.
I think the fact that he has registration is the only reason he wasnt a d!ck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was driving my cosmos black e36 m3 for about the same length of time with only a rear euro plate cuz i thought the US ones looked ugly... I sympathize with you. Id rather pay a ticket for it and have it look nice. I got pulled in that car several times for the same infraction but the cops in my area saw it was a euro car and must have been sympathetic cuz they all let me off the hook with a warning. Good story and good writing.

·
19,904 Posts
Thats different man, Euro plates are the bomb, and are not totallly illegal.
But no plate is just plain crazy.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I totally admit no plate was stupid. I wasnt doing it to be defiant, But since I switched my lights, the old ulgy bracket didnt fit. I guess im just a procrastinatior, but honestly I keep hearing "I dont sympathize with you" Fact is, Im not looking for sympathy, Just sharing a story. I had nothing to hide, plate was with the bike, and on the bike now. But doing it for a year, i figured... No biggie, they probably just dont care. But I guess this guy did! This is me sharing a lesson learned. Kinda like not wearing your gear and then having a get off. Your scars constantly remind you of your stupidity.. Ohh and about the sexy lines thing.. Yeah I think it clutters up the back of the bike.. Law is law and i was in the wrong, sexy lines or not! Happy now all? I have admitted my stupidity, and Fault :p

1 - 20 of 34 Posts