Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had an icestorm yesterday, today it warmed up to the 50s, the ice melted, and I got to put the first 20 miles on my RR. Other than sitting on it at the dealership, I hadn't spent any time on one. I'm coming from a '99 F4 and was immediately surprised by how much forward you sit on this bike. Being a little taller than average, I was able to tuck in much better on the F4, but am unable to do so on the RR. My head comes in pretty much right on top of the windshield. Still though, I wasn't quite as cramped as I expected after reading some reviews online. Riding it was a blast. The roads were pretty wet from the thaw, so I kept it low-key, but the bike felt great. I can't weight for the warm weather to come so I can throw it around on some back road curvies.

C

·
0 Posts
You will probably want to get a double bubble windscreen if you cant tuck as much as you'd like. Prolly save you a lot of wind resistance. Congrats on the bike and the first ride!

·
Registered
29 Posts
holmes, How taller are you? I'm 6'2" and I got the Powerbronze Airflow (aka Double Bubble) screen and have no problems tucking behind it.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.... I'm 6'2" also, so I'll take your advice and look into the Double Bubbles and see how that works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts