Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I picked up the bike about a week ago but due to living on base and not having my sticker yet, plus not having all my gear, I was limited to riding up and down the street. Just got back from my first real ride and heres what I got:

1. Wow, this thing puts my old F2 to shame. Pulls great, stops great, overall very impressed.
2. Found my ass sliding forward quite a bit and pinching my balls agains the tank. May just be the nature of the seat, any suggestions?
3. Clutch has WAY too much play in it. Feels like I pull the handle in like 3/4 of an inch before I get any pull on the cable. Guess thats just a quick adjust hopefully.

4. Also I think Im shifting it way too early. found myself really having rough shifts and some lash it felt like. But I think I solved it. Let it run up in gear a little longer til i shifted and found all my shifts to be a lot better and smoother. I guess with the redline way up there I need to quit shifting like a car!!!

Anyway, just my first impressions, hope all enjoy. Great bike, cant wait to get it out on the open road.

Matt

·
Registered
919 Posts
Coming from an F4i the shifting took a little getting used to for me too but now it's butter smooth now.

Is your rr new? There's some breaking-in to smooth it out too.

A Corbin seat helps on the ball mashing because it's dished.

Fly safe

:hump:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ceph, you do some track days recently?

·
Registered
282 Posts
The clutch play was the first thing I adjusted when I got home with my new bike, the lever had to be pulled in almost half way in just to disengage it.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Yeah my clutch was a little loose too. Got it tightened up all is good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts