Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This year was different from before, usually each winter here in the North East I am counting down the months, itching to watch the snow melt more and more each day. Even though April is still early riding for up here we still had some really nice days in March that I could have gone out but I did not....just was not feeling it. Started to wonder if I was losing the will / need/ want to ride. My Neighbor tried to get me to go out a few times I was like..nah I'll wait. Although I was not sure what I was waiting for? I had bought a new set of levers and a new filter / oil with the full intention of starting the riding season yet I did not have the overwhelming urge to go like I did in prior years. Time to hang the helmet up perhaps?

I walked my dog yesterday, got home and it was quite warm out despite the slight cool breeze. I said screw it I'm going out for a ride. Grabbed my helmet, gloves, boots, jacket ear plugs let it warm up and took off. Instantly all the stress / worries / bad things going on in life just melted away. I was shocked at how much I actually needed to go out and ride. I had not been on the bike since last october but damn what a relief to be on the bike again. Not sure of what the funk of not wanting to ride was but that went away really quick once I got out there. Just ordered a new HJC helmet which should be here from revzilla by friday and I'll be getting the new levers put on soon. So here is to the 2016 riding season!

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll deff take this winter over last years, that was beyond brutal! I did not even get on the bike until May last year due to the horrible spring we had here and bike issues early on which kept it at the shop for a week +. But this year is starting off much better so I plan on burning through the remaining rubber on the tires this riding season.

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly it is tough but it makes me appreciate riding so much more. You can deff ride longer here or on days during the winter with the one like we had this year but if I can't have on just my jacket and jeans ( meaning not to bundle up with other layers ) then it's just not enjoyable for me.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Glad you had fun! Those fairings are awesome

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you guys need to move south. i think my longest time of not riding was like 3 weeks in our "winter" lol

I would but my whole family is up here, not an easy thing to do to just pick up and leave even though I would enjoy the nicer weather.

Glad you had fun! Those fairings are awesome
Thank you.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Man I don't know how y'all do it up north. To go 7 months with out riding would drive me crazy! Luck for me Texas winter is maybe a month lol.
7 months of winter is like 7 months of Summer in Texas. Heard it's 100+ degree out there?

One reason why I'm stuck in Cali. Been riding all year long although at times, it feels nice sitting in my comfortable cage. Then traffic hits. I felt miserable sitting in a parking lot. One thing that I know I want is only move to an all riding season state.

56K miles on my 2006 and 41.5K miles on my 2009 and counting. Thanks to CA for that.

·
Registered
247 Posts
this winter did suck I was hoping for some serious snow to shut work down because we were doing 7 days a week for awhile haha we had one good storm that shut us down

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,960 Posts
I had a really mild winter. Lots of rain though so that kept me off the roads. Could have ridden much more than I already have but was dealing with a bent rim.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This year was the latest i've taken her out of storage, April 17 was my first ride! winter here this year just never wanted to end....
Looking at my FB memory notifications I had not even had the bike out this time last year. Ive already done a few hundred miles now and two videos lol. I dont think I was actually riding until May last year. Due to the weather and the ECU going bad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts