Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now one thing you first have to know is, that i am from minnesota, apple valley in fact. And today on frideay the 13th of feb it was a beautiful 25 degrees and the roads were clear of snow. So i hopped on the bike "brand new" and put 30 miles on it after a 5 min warm up. i wish i had pics but i dont. and needless to say i am so happy i picked the RR over the r6!!!

buttery smooth, nice stock exhaust note, bad ass bike all around!!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats right!!! means the RR is even faster now then ever before!!!!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i sure did!!! i will be starting there march 1st!
my buddy shawn has a yellow RR and he's from valley too! whats your name and number? we should hook up this summer and ride!!!
my name is Tim and my number 952-237-5904

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
NICE!!...did you get the last red/black 03? my bro and i went there a few days ago and it was the last one on hold... I'm only 15 right now, but i get my license in June, and im going to buy a buddies red/black RR. im pumped. My brother has a 954RR now, hes on this forum to...meddiepie954RR

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Yo, deathstar...you're working at Motoprimo? How old are you? I'm 18 and applied not too long ago, but no dice...I haven't heard anything back from them, what all did you put on your applciation?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup i did get the last red/black!!! yah they delivered it last thursday and i finally got to ride for a little bit today. and Danny i am 19 will be 20 in sept. i had a foot in the door becuz i bought a 2003 r6 last year from south metro yamaha, and became friends with the service manager there. when Motoprimo bought out south metro Mike the service manager went to primo as there manager. He called me about 3 months ago and told me they would be hiring in end Feb. 04 so i dropped off a resume and filled out the app. and i got the job.

Kyle i dunno how much you ride, but i would not go out and get a RR for your first bike. Im not trying to be an ass, but i messed up my leg when i was 17 on my first R6 '00. these bikes are faster than any 600 out there. ive ridden r1's, 929's, 954's, ducati 996, 998, 999s. and honestly the only bike out of those that is faster all around is the 954. obvioulsy you dont have to take my advice, and if you dont and you do decide to get a 600cc sportbike, by a used one first. see how much you really like it and get some experience. a used r6 or f4i is still a really nice bike. but you will deffinetly appreciate haveing used the first time you scratch it or whatever.

Nice talkn! again you have my number if you want any advice on 600's or even if you just wanna shoot the breeze!

Tim (DeathstaRR)

·
4,452 Posts
Tim, what kind of previous experience did you have? I bought my first bike, my 600F4i from them last June, and have been in there a ton, talking to the guys and stuff, but haven't really made friends with any of them. I turned in an application like, a month ago and haven't heard anything back from them...if you get the chance, you should let them know I'm intrested, my name's Danny Medvec, I'm 18, I think I'm gunna call them up some time tomorrow and see if I can set up an interview, because I really need a job, and would love nothing more than to get one working around bikes...it would be like a dream job for me. I wouldn't worry about my bro having the RR as his first bike, he rode my F4i and my 954 a ton last year, just around the neighborhood...it's cool, I think he'll be fine, but I'll re-judge it when I test ride the used Red and Black one we're looking to buy. If it's too much, I'll call it a no-go. Thanks for the heads up...but if at all possible, you should try to put a word in for me, or at least just let them know I'm intrested...you don't have to back me at all tho, cuz I know you don't know me on a personal level. thanks bro...I gotta get the battery in my 954 replaced soon, cuz it's been dead for about a month, and when I do I'm gunna take it out a little bit...you going to the motorcycle show at the convention center in March? You should roll up there with us....and if it's not too cold, and the roads aren't too shitty, we should ride

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
deffinetly! im always lookn for people to ride with!!! ? for you, your last name sounds really familiar! do you know Adam Fairbanks, or Aaron Windseth? Nick Adamini? anyone? from Apple Valley H.S. or eastview or Rsmnt?

And as for experience, I have worked for Apple Valley Parks & Rec. for 5 years and now work for Bose corp. those 2 jobs qualified me in the fact that i have had many excelent write ups for customer relations. thats about it. i dont even know how to change the oil yet on my RR!!!!

·
4,452 Posts
Oh damn, so you have just about as much as experience with bikes as I do, haha, yeah, I know Nick Adamini...I go to AVHS...I'm not friends with him tho...but I really need a job working at Motoprimo...it's tough tho, cuz all the managers I worked for at my old job are gone...so there's not really anyone to back up my work ethic and that kind of stuff. But it's cool, hopefully I'll be able to set up and interview with Motoprimo to get on, and if that falls through, I'm sure I could get on over at Leo's South...although, I'd much rather work around Honda and Yamaha...but beggars can't be choosers. I know a ton of kids from AV (cuz that's where I go) but not too many from EV or Rosemount. You should hit up the www.sportbikes.ws forum, there are lots of cool people there, and there will be lots of group rides and such coming up late spring and all summer, and fall

·
Registered
27 Posts
whats up guys just wanted to through my name in the mix. I am from Minnesota too.Rochester actually but I will be getting up to the cities a lot this summer.Id love to hook up with you guys,my AIM name is toofasteclipse let me know if you guys ever want to ride when it finally warms up.late,Jordan

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
whats up jordan! hey always willing to hook up with new people "especially RR riders" my aim is r6rider03 "i used to have an R6" but yah im usually on at nite.
what kinda eclipse do you have?

·
Registered
27 Posts
looks like we might have a small crew comin together here hopefully we can get a few more.anyways i sold my eclipse and i now have a 2000 toyota celica thats been on the cover of a couple magazines and its a diecast toy for jada toys.that is my baby but im gettin sick of the car **** and i really want to concentrate on bikes now.I bought my girlfriend a 99 eclipse spyder and i am workin on that right now so i may roll in that a lil bit.oh and im 20 by the way....think everyone is around that age arent we?i have your name on my AIM list so ill try and hit you up tonight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts