Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from first 100 miles ride. This bike is so smooth like butter. Power delivery is smooth and even. 1 1/2 hour of riding with no breaks, and I don't feel any pain. The gears are so tall, in comparison to my previous bike. The bike can go over 60 in first gear...that is amazing. It feels so small.

Comparing it to my ex Ducati 800ss. The Ducati is very rough, vibrate violently, and gets very upset at low rpms. It was very torquey, however. You can feel the grunt of the bike. It was like a wild animal that one try to tame.

Simply, 600rr is like the easy going g/f. The Ducati is like the bitchy g/f. Each one has its own traits...;)

The question now:
The right side under the tank, where the keen normally wrest, gets very hot. I was wearing a leather pants, and I could feel the heat.
Is it normal? Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
sounds about right, i get a bit of heat from the clutch cover also, the frame gets super hot right there, nothing you can really do about it but reposition the leg

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
100 miles? Sheeesh, my group will do 300-400 miles every other sunday, no sweat. takes some time to build up your tolerance. I'll hop on my cuz's sport 4wheeler and beat on it for 40 mins and be sore all week. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
100 miles? Sheeesh, my group will do 300-400 miles every other sunday, no sweat. takes some time to build up your tolerance. I'll hop on my cuz's sport 4wheeler and beat on it for 40 mins and be sore all week. :)
300 miles?! You're like a crazy person. Get me a Harley, and I will ride 300 miles with you.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The longest trip I've done so far is about 400 miles. First time doing it was rough, I was pretty sore the next day, mostly my lower back to be honest. It definitely gets easier with time though. The second time doing roughly that same milage was soo much easier.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The longest trip I've done so far is about 400 miles. First time doing it was rough, I was pretty sore the next day, mostly my lower back to be honest. It definitely gets easier with time though. The second time doing roughly that same milage was soo much easier.
Hah! Try 1000 miles in 24 hours.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I will pass on the 1000 miles in 24 hours, I think the longest constant trip was about 400-500 miles and I was soar as can be, but afterwars you get use to it and build tolerance like stated

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
thats about what i average on the weekends, and on the weekdays i average a tank of fuel. hell i've already got 4200 miles on a bike i bought in december and wasn't physically able to ride it till around may

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hah! Try 1000 miles in 24 hours.
Not sure if I would ever put myself in the position to have to do that. Have to admit, it sounds like it could be fun though.

I've always wanted to do a cross country trip on my bike, just would never be able to get enough time off work. I don't get to ride as much as I would like. I've only put about 4k miles or so on my bike since I bought it in the beginning of Feb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts