Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, here in PA its starting to get pretty cold, I only have maybe a hand-full of rides left in the year. This was my first season of riding, ever, and of course it was also my first bike ever. I picked up my '04 600RR in the beginning of April w/ a pit bull rear stand (didnt even know what it was), and a bike cover. The bike only had 1200 miles on it, and the guy I bought it off of was the original owner. I was definatly shaky at first, after all it was my new baby. I've really enjoyed the bike, and the rides I've went on, not to mention the fuel savings back and forth to work compared to my truck. I will admit, I dont go out in "full" gear, but I have NEVER ridden without my helmet/jacket/gloves, and NEVER in shorts either. I do not push my bike, although I do like the occasional "excessive acelleration" (how I say it to my girl friend). I'm no where near dropping a knee, and have no interest in wheelies. I've taken my MSF course, which I realize I should have taken before I got the bike, and I would have had much more confidence. The thing thats nice, is where ever I go, pretty much all other bikers will wave, or talk to me at gas stations. There was one group of harley riders that just kept shaking their heads and saying how jeleous they were because of how easy my bike started. There were plenty of people that said "you'll kill your self", "everyone on those things are d!cks" and all that other crap, well I realize there are alot of sport bike riders out there that are d!cks, but that aint me. Now that we've all waisted some time, I just want to say thanks to all the guys on here for their help and knowlage, that has helped me out a ton.

Thanks again guys,

Brandon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts