Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted my first state side 500rr today.

These things look pretty cool in person. Kid taking the MSF class pulled up on it.

Anyone else seen any of these state side yet?

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Looks good thanks for sharing

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope RR their race model haha

Yea I did mean 500r

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Mmm, I saw one at the Milan Bike Show last year and they do not look all that nice, imo, like the fairings were thrown on as an afterthought - kind of like the new CBR600F, which is just a Hornet with fairings. They really lack performance for a sports bike, too. But I don't think it's a bad bike, I think it's a great, practical option that provides wind protection with the fairings, visibility to cars, a decent look and adequate street performance for most situations and would be very comfortable to tour on. If I commuted and toured, rather than hitting the twisties, I'd probably get one of these instead of the 600RR.

I just wish Honda would come up with different names; it's not that I think they're diluting the CBR...RR value, it's more like they're pulling the wool over the eyes of less informed riders.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Every dealer I have gone to has them. I think they are too small a bike for me but great bike to be in a category pretty much all by themself. Honda is cornering the market in the "just under SS" category. If they beef up the 250 to take on the Kawi 300 then they would be killing it.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mmm, I saw one at the Milan Bike Show last year and they do not look all that nice, imo, like the fairings were thrown on as an afterthought - kind of like the new CBR600F, which is just a Hornet with fairings. They really lack performance for a sports bike, too. But I don't think it's a bad bike, I think it's a great, practical option that provides wind protection with the fairings, visibility to cars, a decent look and adequate street performance for most situations and would be very comfortable to tour on. If I commuted and toured, rather than hitting the twisties, I'd probably get one of these instead of the 600RR.

I just wish Honda would come up with different names; it's not that I think they're diluting the CBR...RR value, it's more like they're pulling the wool over the eyes of less informed riders.
I didn't give too much of a break down of it I just did a simple walk around and chatted up the guy riding it. He said it was pretty cool I wasn't mostly talking about looks wise I thought it was a 600 on first glance then noticed it was a little smaller then saw the 500 and was like hey it's a 500.

I think that would be a fun little starter bike way better than the 250. Between that and the 300 I think it would be a hard choice to choose. But I'm glad to see they are offering more options for new riders and not stick them with the slow as hell boring 250 and a 600. There is more and better options I think would keep the fun level going well after the average 2 months most guys get bored of their 250s.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I think that would be a fun little starter bike way better than the 250. Between that and the 300 I think it would be a hard choice to choose.
Oh, yeah, I agree with you on that and I'd like to have one to get around for everyday stuff. I just wish Honda would revive the RVF400 and give us a decent smaller displacement sport bike instead of the current 125/250 options. The old 250RR and 400RR looked a lot better and from what I gather, performed quite well, while the RVF400 was a unique bike. At least there's something, I just feel like they're trying to hit every little piece of the market instead of doing something original.

·
NEWB
244 Posts
I just read an article comparing the kawi 300 and this bike. Sadly the kawi blew it out of the water in almost every category. The main complaint was the 500r lacks power and it never seems to reach a true peak.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just read an article comparing the kawi 300 and this bike. Sadly the kawi blew it out of the water in almost every category. The main complaint was the 500r lacks power and it never seems to reach a true peak.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Really?! Well that's a flippin disappointment. At least they look pretty.

·
Registered
249 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts