Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was down in Huntington Beach today enjoying this great weather were having here in So Cal and all of a sudden I see a Huntington Beach motor officer in my mirrors. He tells me to pull over once the light turns green. I pull over and he tells me my license plate is too far in the wheel well. I admit that it sticks pretty far in there but didn't think it was a big deal. He cited me for it, but on the plus side it's only a fix it ticket. I now wish I got the Tripage adjustable FE instead of this CBRHeaven one.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I made my own because all of the law-abiding ones cost too much. The day I bought my bike it had one of those aftermarket ones that stuck it in front of the rear wheel and I got pulled over twice on the way home. I made a new one that week at work and never looked back. I'm not sure what the craze is behind breaking such a stupid law. Yeah it makes the bike look cool, but eventually you WILL get pulled over and while you're pulled over they can and probably will cite you for everything else that's incorrect with your "crotch rocket."

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeah I got one of these tickets pretty recently as well, down in the laguna area. I would just keep your current mount, but rig up a no cost mount that looks more legit, and get it signed off on. After that, mount back to your standard and go on with your day.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I got one of these tickets pretty recently as well, down in the laguna area. I would just keep your current mount, but rig up a no cost mount that looks more legit, and get it signed off on. After that, mount back to your standard and go on with your day.
Ya i'm definetly going to do that. I don't want to have to buy a brand new one.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I made my own because all of the law-abiding ones cost too much. The day I bought my bike it had one of those aftermarket ones that stuck it in front of the rear wheel and I got pulled over twice on the way home. I made a new one that week at work and never looked back. I'm not sure what the craze is behind breaking such a stupid law. Yeah it makes the bike look cool, but eventually you WILL get pulled over and while you're pulled over they can and probably will cite you for everything else that's incorrect with your "crotch rocket."
What is so stupid about an officer not being able to read your license plate?

The officer would do the same thing to car.

I've known squids that purposely push it back as far as possible so when they run from the cops it makes it harder to ID them. That's why officers are sticklers for that one even though it is minor and pretty.

·
Registered
793 Posts
That's great advice - assuming you want to keep getting stopped and ticketed. Doesn't seem like a great hobby to me but hey, to each his own...:ciao:

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Meh. I have the stock fender (and all the reflectors) on my 1kRR. I can't see behind me, so wtf do I care what it looks like?

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts the people you're trying to impress with your fender eliminator probably wouldn't notice the difference between the FE and stock.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Meh. I have the stock fender (and all the reflectors) on my 1kRR. I can't see behind me, so wtf do I care what it looks like?

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts the people you're trying to impress with your fender eliminator probably wouldn't notice the difference between the FE and stock.

Dollars to doughnuts someone can't see the difference?

The stock mudflap is not appealing .....

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Dollars to doughnuts someone can't see the difference?

The stock mudflap is not appealing .....
Gonna have to agree with him there.....:+1::+1::+1:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Show that to someone who isnt a motorcycle rider, like the girl you might be trying to impress. I can almost gauruntee she say they look the same to her. Why you ask? "They're both red".

People who know sh*t about bikes see a "harley" or a "crotch rocket"(which I HATE, its a sport bike) and can tell you what color it is. Thats about it.

The only person that is going to notice your FE, frame sliders, Frame plugs, exhaust system, corbin seat, seat cowl, flushmounts etc.. will be you and other sport bike riders.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Show that to someone who isnt a motorcycle rider, like the girl you might be trying to impress. I can almost gauruntee she say they look the same to her. Why you ask? "They're both red".

People who know sh*t about bikes see a "harley" or a "crotch rocket"(which I HATE, its a sport bike) and can tell you what color it is. Thats about it.

The only person that is going to notice your FE, frame sliders, Frame plugs, exhaust system, corbin seat, seat cowl, flushmounts etc.. will be you and other sport bike riders.
People who know **** about bikes think my buddies 94 F3 looks about the same year as my 05 RR...maybe a few years older. Not the 11 that it is.

So I have to agree with him. Almost any girl won't be able to tell the difference because she isn't looking at the mud flap, shes looking at the pretty motorcycle. However, I wouldn't be able to bare the sight of that thing on my bike every day. :crackup:

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
People who know **** about bikes think my buddies 94 F3 looks about the same year as my 05 RR...maybe a few years older. Not the 11 that it is.

So I have to agree with him. Almost any girl won't be able to tell the difference because she isn't looking at the mud flap, shes looking at the pretty motorcycle. However, I wouldn't be able to bare the sight of that thing on my bike every day. :crackup:
:+1:

Its an eyesore for sure. usually the first thing to go on stock bikes, but it wont get you laid any faster

·
Registered
121 Posts
I wish I had a pretty RR.. Mines battle-scared .. I have my plate tucked under the seat, but I have it mounted at a pretty good angle so its easy to see.No problems so far but I am always weary that a cop is gonna pull me over, and I hate worrying about technicalities in the law.. I wish I had the stock fender, and modify it down to just the plate and turn signals ..

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
If you put the license plate right out in the open where it's easily seen, cops won't even bother you. If you act like you're trying to hide it, they will f*ck with you.

I have never been pulled over on my bike, yet .................................

·
Registered
76 Posts
3 of my friends got pulled over and got a ticket 110$ here in Canada but the funny thing is we been riding like this for the past 2 years without a problem and now its seems to be a problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts