Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas,
So I had this bike in my garage for about three weeks and I finally got to beat the hell out of it at Summit Point Raceway. These little 600's are amazing. They just do everything right. I have some issues with the power, but I guess that is to be expected, it is only a 600. Still I think I may have been almost as fast on this bike than I was on my TLR. Anyway, here's some pics for ya...

Some Jokers squatting in my pit site...

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
nice pictures man... glad to hear you had a great time!

N

·
0 Posts
Awesome man. Good for you!

As for the power, Jeff Tigert runs against liter bikes and beats the heck outta them on a 600rr. Still think it's the bike missing the power?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
lack of power??...

u can get a 600RR to spit out 110-113 to the wheels with a few goodies.

SUPERBIKES were gettin this power not too long ago.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cool pics. I'm new to the 600RR too. Knowing Summit main pretty well it is one track where you can never have enough power for that front straight. I do my first track day on mine next sunday. Unfortunatly it will be at Pocono. :(

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, it's Straights like Summit main that make you look for another gear. Don't get me wrong, this bike hauls ass, but I am used to making up for my slow ass midturn self by powering out of the turn real hard on a liter twin. If I were Joe Racer I'm sure I could run with the liter bikes but I'm not sooooo more power would be nice. Pocono and Summit are kinda my frequented tracks. Does this forum have a "Who's going to the track" forum? We should make sure we meet up. The more the merrier.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Ryan, I think you just need to get used to the 600's powerband. It's totally different then the TL you're used to. Moving "down" to a "little" bike will force you to be a better rider. I had this discussion with a good friend of mine Saturday when he called me from the dealership about to buy a 1000RR. Trying to use the HP to "catch up" on the straights (On the streets) only makes you more dangerous to yourself and others.

My thoery is, when one learns to squeeze every ounce of performance out of the 600, THEN you can graduate to a liter bike. Needless to say, he bought an '06 600RR and he and his mother thanked me on Sunday.

PS. I have no problems keeping up and passing liter bikes. I'd rather be a fast guy on a slow bike then a slow guy on a fast bike.

PSS DAMN SQUATTERS!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ah, another one joins the dark side. Got a buddy of mine to retire his 1000RR from track duty by letting him take my 600 for a few laps. Now he races and loves his 600RR.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I love Summit Main. It's got a little bit of everything, fast and slow corners, elevation changes and a long stright away. Don't count out the 600's I was able to pass a hyabusa coming out of turn 10. Of course he passed me down the striaght but i was able to overtake him agian on the brakes. Just wind her up and keep the corner speed up and you'll be amazed at how quick these pesky little 600's can be

·
Registered
494 Posts
Ryan NJ said:
Thanks fellas. I'll be in the front of the pack soon enough. Hopefully I can meet a few of you out there to give me some pointers. You can't miss the bike and now you know what my pit site looks like.
Hey Ryan, me and you gotta hook up!! :biggrin: I am coming from a big vtwin too, the RC51..That's still my heart. But, I just picked up an 06 600rr. With the intentions of this being my track and race weapon. However, mine won't be ready for the track till at least a month. The next 3 trackdays I am doing will be with my RC51.. I am doing Summit Main on the May 5th, Barber May 12/13th, then back to Summit Main on the May 26th, June 16th, be banging Main again, and hopefully with my new aquired weapon.

Be safe, see ya,

·
Registered
507 Posts
congrats man..looks like a lot of fun, i plan on getting out to summit sometime this summer. when did you have to sign up for it just to give me an idea on the waiting period??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cehoward600rr said:
Hey Ryan, me and you gotta hook up!! :biggrin: I am coming from a big vtwin too, the RC51..That's still my heart. But, I just picked up an 06 600rr. With the intentions of this being my track and race weapon. However, mine won't be ready for the track till at least a month. The next 3 trackdays I am doing will be with my RC51.. I am doing Summit Main on the May 5th, Barber May 12/13th, then back to Summit Main on the May 26th, June 16th, be banging Main again, and hopefully with my new aquired weapon.

Be safe, see ya,
Definitely bro, but I'm not sure about those days. I'll try to see when I'm going again. I gots lotsa kids.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Nemesis said:
Awesome man. Good for you!

As for the power, Jeff Tigert runs against liter bikes and beats the heck outta them on a 600rr. Still think it's the bike missing the power?
ill put my money on the 600RR over the discontinued TLR that never beat the RC51!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RRnelcheeze said:
ill put my money on the 600RR over the discontinued TLR that never beat the RC51!
WHOA!!! You obviously do not know about the TLR. They were discontinued by Suzuki, but then The TLPlanet Took over and we had been updating the bike ever since with singlesided swingarm kits featuring magnesium wheels, 10 or so different rear suspension upgrade options, basic motor tweaks giving each of us at least ten more HP than any RC51 without any real motorwork. Sure the RC was better out of the box, but who ever leaves things like that. Here are just a couple of normal examples of our beloved TL's. You know, magnesium, carbon fiber, Titanium, all upgrades purchased with the money saved when buying the TL over the RC.

http://www.tlzone.net/images/tlotm/0105_rupes.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts