Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth buying a nice almost brand new bike 600rr to be exact if you never rode a motorcycle in your life? Now i would REALLY be careful on it and not speed or try any tricks anytime soon. Just wondering if its worth it.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Had to get that first post out there as soon as possible. Now... Buying an "almost new" bike for your first bike, let alone your first ride is very foolish. It is not a matter of if, but a matter of when you will drop and/or crash the bike. Buy a used bike for your first bike. Without a doubt.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Not foolish! Not stupid. I bought my first bike a month ago. I got an 09 with 0 miles for $7300 just coz of end of the year deals. I bought new mostly because of the good price and overall value its going to have over the used bike for just about the same price. I have put about 100 miles on it so far. Taking it real easy and practicing on smaller streets. slowly, but surely its coming together.

Learned how to start on a hill without stalling just yesterday.
I am not speeding and staying away from highways. It was freaky at first, but becoming more and more fun now.

Just install the sliders.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Had to get that first post out there as soon as possible. Now... Buying an "almost new" bike for your first bike, let alone your first ride is very foolish. It is not a matter of if, but a matter of when you will drop and/or crash the bike. Buy a used bike for your first bike. Without a doubt.

if the price of the new bike is about the same price as the used one is... does it matter if he goes down on the older one or the newer one?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
ok, NO, a 600 supersport is NOT a good first bike, period

get a ninja 250, or sv650 ive heard to be a good bike to start on

supersports are WAY to touchy to learn on

while deadline is saying its a good thing, ask him what happens when he gets traffic behind him, and hes not perfect on the clutch

also a 600 vs say a 250, it doesnt take much to accidently apply to much brake, and throw you over the handle bars, or simple drop the bike, on my first 600, it took less than 1 second for me to stab the brakes, to end up on my ass, because i got cut off in a parking lot.

the throttle capacity between a decent starting bike, and a supersport, it doesnt take much at all to get over your heard in acceleration

corner stability is also an issue, while supersports are capable cornering like none other when used right, thats the key, WHEN USED RIGHT, something that a new rider is not likely to do, and there for is far more likely to upset a supersport

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
lol.... waste of money

lol waste of advice

do you realize you can buy a 250, use it for a season, and lose almost nothing in value? they hold their value extremly well, unlike your 600 that lost 2k in value when you took it off the lot.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
if the price of the new bike is about the same price as the used one is... does it matter if he goes down on the older one or the newer one?

its not about the price

its about how twichy modern supersports are

frankly, you have NO room to speak on whats a good starter bike

can you even be in traffic on a hill and not stall the bike yet,

BECAUSE OF THE VERY SENSITIVE CLUTCH ?

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Now i would REALLY be careful on it and not speed or try any tricks anytime soon.

LMAO... So what your saying is that you WILL Speed and you WILL try some "tricks" and i say, you WILL bust your ass homie!!

I would recommend you buy something a little more tame to learn on... these throttles are not meant for beginners.. although, I don't really think you need to start on a 250cc bike..I do think that something a little more subtle would be in your best interest.. I think a nice V-Twin would be a good choice too.. Suzuki SV650 or that ninja 650R

·
Registered
733 Posts
LOL... right! Geez, couple of $$$$ vs. Life experience & skill!!

u got the ticket!!!

... So phuck it... GO BUY A 1000 RR.

GOOD GRIEF.

:) :) :)
it is a waste money. its not about the power of the bike, its how you used it. yea... if he is gonna go full throttle on his first day then yea he is FKed... but if he takes it easy and learn and get comfortable first, its fine. speaking from a personal experience here.

·
Registered
143 Posts
it is a waste money. its not about the power of the bike, its how you used it. yea... if he is gonna go full throttle on his first day then yea he is FKed... but if he takes it easy and learn and get comfortable first, its fine. speaking from a personal experience here.
right...like its my first rodeo too!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts