Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to try hitting Barber March 26-27th for the free track day intro with NESBA. Anyone have any experience with this/been through the free intro and know what kind of equipment will be required? I'm going with my brother-in-law who's been doing this for years, but he wasn't sure on the intro requirements. I currently don't have a full set of leathers. From the NESBA site it looks like the intro consists of two 15-20 minute runs.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
The first two sessions that you are going to do..will be in a very slow controled group.

I think you can do the into in bluejeans.

isisabel...is your brother in law right. Im sure he will have you in the right direction. Hows the rr coming along?

Has he raced the sv yet?

Jason

·
Registered
44 Posts
You can find any questions in the NESBA Manual here:
http://www.nesba.com/membership_info/manual.pdf

Here are the highlights for an Intro rider:

Personal Equipment Needed:
1. Helmet, full-face DOT, SNELL, or European standard approved.
2. Two pairs of jeans
3. Sturdy over the ankle leather boots
4. Leather gauntlet-type gloves
5. Leather or textile riding jacket - Airmesh-style suits will NOT be permitted.

Bike Prep:
1. Disable or tape over the brake lights
2. Bike must be in good working order (i.e, no leaks of any kind)

Also from the manual it is a one-time trial, you said you are going down for two days, remember you will only be able to do the Intro day once. Also keep in mind that the Intro is only for the first 2 sessions which are really slow. If you decide to join you can finish the day which will be usually another 6 sessions at speed if they have room. Since Barber is a popular track this might not be the case that weekend.

I'm still up in the air due to work weather I can make it down there. I'm doing all I can so that I can get down there.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help/advice. I realize the intro will be a short run through, but want to get a feel, and take it from there. A couple other guys will be tagging along, so with only enough extra room for one extra bike, I probably won't end up spending the rest of the weekend riding, but checking out the scene with them.

Jason- yeah, I'm going down with Isbell. It will be his first track day on the SV, so I think that his goal is to get a little more familiar with it before heading to Putnam.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My buddy and I are going the 27 of March. We are payed up for that day. It would be better if you just pay and have fun all day. You get more track time that way.
We are trying to get a good size group together for that weekend. IF ANY BODY WOULD LIKE TO MEET UP WE ARE LEAVING FROM JACKSON,MS THAT FRIDAY.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts