Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yo. After a handful of years riding (and a couple off), I finally got around to a track day. Unfortunately I couldn't get the GoPro going since I only had the suction cup mechanism.

I got in 3 x 15 minute sessions, and a 30 minute session (almost too long) at Summit Point Main circuit.

I had just gotten brand new Dunlop Q2's installed 3 days before track day, and I installed new EBC's in the rear. I would like to upgrade my front pads, and my brake lines. I am hoping to get in another track day next Monday (Labor day).

Below - me exiting the carousel (turn 6) with a CR right behind me.

ps - I've got a set of '05-06 race plastics with Dzus fasteners that I don't need, if anyone's interested. =D

·
Registered
793 Posts
Looking good there dude!

FWIW - I've used just the suction cup mount with my GoPro and it will hold fine but unless it's on a really solid location it's going to let the camera shake quite a bit.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
nice...looks good..im interested in the race plastics can you send me pics??? thanks

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking good there dude!

FWIW - I've used just the suction cup mount with my GoPro and it will hold fine but unless it's on a really solid location it's going to let the camera shake quite a bit.
It wouldn't pass tech at this particular track with the suction cup.

repsol600 said:
nice...looks good..im interested in the race plastics can you send me pics??? thanks
PM sent.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i just did my first trackday there on the 25th what organization did you go with, you look a hell of a lot better than I did out there for sure. turn 6 is my favorite turn on that track. how did you like it

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just did my first trackday there on the 25th what organization did you go with, you look a hell of a lot better than I did out there for sure. turn 6 is my favorite turn on that track. how did you like it
I went with MARRC - RnR Cycles is right next to my office, and I've had Rick (there in the background) take care of my bike.

Of course like everyone else, I loved riding the track. Trying to get into Roger Lyle for next Monday, or Nesba the wkend after.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
roger lyle motorcycle xcitement is awesome 7 15minute sessions at summit. I'll be riding with them on the 17th @ summit again or the 22nd if they go back to thunderbolt again. Definitely try to get out there with them great people

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Looking good man, more pix!!!

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Congrats to popping your track cherry! Welcome to bankruptcy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts