Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I have my first track day tomorrow at Silverstone, UK (California Superbike School). Most of my riding is either motorway or inner city riding and I think my tyre may have squared off (not sure of the best technique to check this?).

The school offer several tire options and I was hoping you guys could give me some pointers on which tire will be the best?

The tire selection is below with a link to the descriptions.

Best tyres (Prices are per pair with fitting)?

Dunlop GP Racer Motorcycle Tyre £239

Dunlop Qualifier II Motorcycle Tyre £209

Dunlop Qualifier RR Motorcycle Tyre £209

Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart Motorcycle Tyre £209

http://www.v2mal.com/dunlop/shop

I want a tire that will respond well on the road but let me improve my skills on the track. I plan on doing as many track days as I can afford going forward!

Thanks for your help

Regards

J

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would run the qualifier RR as it is a little less track focused if you plan to do a lot of street riding as well. If you plan on reducing some of your street riding (not all), then I would go for the gp racer.

·
Registered
502 Posts
For Level I of the California Superbike School, even Level II for that matter, any of those tires should be fine. Going forward, until you really start picking up the pace, Dunlop Qualifier (I or II's), Bridgestone BT003RS, Michelin Pilot Power (and the 2CT's) etc. should be fine also.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for your help guys!!!

I did level one on Saturday and had so much fun I did level 2 on Sunday!!!!

I covered 200 miles on track and it was my first track days!!!

I'll try and get some picture of my front and back tires!

Regards

J

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Man, that was a mistake...hope you don't like money! j/k...welcome to the addiction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts